Aerspace selling class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Aerspace selling class

Just wondering what selling class aerspace seats book into,
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
They book into flexi economy to avoid flagging as a business fare to circumvent company travel rules. Aer Lingus categorises it as an (i) fare.

however, not all company travel systems will even present the fare if you book through them, which is ironic because the fare is often cheaper than Advantage
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
This only applies when plated on 053 tickets, bear in mind just because it class I doesn't mean its AerSpace, only if purchased via the EI website and the ticket shows AerSpace

Is sold on 125 BA, the fare class doesn't map
BravoKilo likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by Pete_23567
which is ironic because the fare is often cheaper than Advantage
I run my own company but we still have a travel policy as we are growing - ironically my TA will book with certain airline websites (smaller agency) and she mentioned the same on a recent LHR-SNN flight, was not only cheaper but was the A321 proper biz seat, short flight anyway but the Aerspace fare oneway was 111 GBP - Advantage was about another 80GBP
BravoKilo likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
I run my own company but we still have a travel policy as we are growing - ironically my TA will book with certain airline websites (smaller agency) and she mentioned the same on a recent LHR-SNN flight, was not only cheaper but was the A321 proper biz seat, short flight anyway but the Aerspace fare oneway was 111 GBP - Advantage was about another 80GBP
yeah it seems the first two seats sell cheap (€99 -150 depending on route) then 1.5x - 2x for the 3rd and then 2x - 3x for the last seat if there are 4 but you’re better going for Aerspace than advantage for less and getting 10 extra tier credits

Last edited by Pete_23567; Aug 23, 2022 at 12:43 pm
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:39 am
Original Poster

They book into flexi economy to avoid flagging as a business fare to circumvent company travel rules. Aer Lingus categorises it as an (i) fare.

however, not all company travel systems will even present the fare if you book through them, which is ironic because the fare is often cheaper than Advantage
So it’s a non qualifying fare in terms of avios and tier points?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by BravoKilo
So it’s a non qualifying fare in terms of avios and tier points?
It does qualify for Avios and 50 Tier credits each way.

Sorry if I was unclear, I was referring more so to corporate booking systems like Concur - in my case for example it Doesn’t even show up as an option to book, only Advantage and down.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:09 am
Original Poster

It does qualify for Avios and 50 Tier credits each way.

Sorry if I was unclear, I was referring more so to corporate booking systems like Concur - in my case for example it Doesn’t even show up as an option to book, only Advantage and down.
I think I’ve got it wrong I was unclear in what I was meaning. I was wanting to credit to BA and not EI and in that respect as far as I can see EI I class will not qualify.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I class will earn with EI

On BA at most it will earn avios, but the BA setup excludes even some quite expensive fare classes for reasons best know only to BA insiders

Best option is to setup an AerSpace account, credit it there and you can transfer to BA later
Old Aug 27, 2022, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all

think I will just book into J on BA and get the points and Avios.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:45 pm

They book into flexi economy to avoid flagging as a business fare to circumvent company travel rules
Is there any way of documenting this for an employer/client? Aer Lingus seem a bit coy about confirming it in so many words...
Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by voorzitter
Is there any way of documenting this for an employer/client? Aer Lingus seem a bit coy about confirming it in so many words...
well my corporate booking system doesn’t offer it - only Saver up to Advantage, and the invoice generated through the booking system just gives the fare class and the ticket says FLEXI for Advantage.

At the end of the day it’s economy because it’s only available on short haul routes which only offer economy; it’s just Advantage with a specific row of seats, so if your employer or client allows a plus or advantage fare I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow Aerspace if you can book it. You could even justify it further if you’re booking far enough ahead because it will usually be cheaper than Advantage.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:06 am

yeah it seems the first two seats sell cheap (€99 -150 depending on route) then 1.5x - 2x for the 3rd and then 2x - 3x for the last seat if there are 4 but you’re better going for Aerspace than advantage for less and getting 10 extra tier credits
Just to circle back on this - I’m here looking at a few of the Aerspace routes for 2 people a few months in advance and it seems now for most they’re only doing the first seat cheap, if you pick 2 pax it defaults to the €256 price each… wonder if they’re trying to recoup revenue or it’s just a glitch. DUB - LHR seems cheap still.

It would be cheaper to book on separate reservations or maybe if you lined up 2 bookings side by side on 2 devices would it work at the low fare…
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:17 am

At the end of the day it’s economy because it’s only available on short haul routes which only offer economy; it’s just Advantage with a specific row of seats, so if your employer or client allows a plus or advantage fare I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow Aerspace if you can book it. You could even justify it further if you’re booking far enough ahead because it will usually be cheaper than Advantage.
Indeed, I can usually justify it on the basis of price but this is a cumbersome process. My employer/client is a bureaucratic organisation and once they get hold of an idea - such as that AerSpace is a business class - it is impossible to dislodge without explicit evidence to the contrary.

Is I class always economy?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by voorzitter
Indeed, I can usually justify it on the basis of price but this is a cumbersome process. My employer/client is a bureaucratic organisation and once they get hold of an idea - such as that AerSpace is a business class - it is impossible to dislodge without explicit evidence to the contrary.

Is I class always economy?
Not sure whether I is always economy, but I checked my last receipt and it shows as “Aerspace class” where Advantage and less will have the word “economy”
in there - so if you’re submitting your booking receipt as part of your expense you might be better of justifying the cost being less or just going with Advantage for simplicity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.