Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Dublin-London flights mess 26th June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin-London flights mess 26th June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Indeed one week its LHR the next LGW. I was delayed two hours at LGW as there were no buses to take us to the aircraft as it was on a remote stand . Very frustrating .
I don’t mind delays once I get there. And I don’t mind being delayed a day coming back. It’s getting there Tuesday is the thing. Just have to.

and now I see two rotations to LGW tomorrow are cancelled 🤪. Guess I’ll just have to wait until Monday night and be ready to rebook at a moment’s notice 😂

Have to be fast too. No seats available on any flight tomorrow
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:06 am

A load more cancellations today :

Covid spike leads to further Aer Lingus flight cancellations

Aer Lingus has cancelled nine return flights and one direct flight today and three return flights tomorrow due to a spike in Covid-19 cases among staff.

Industrial action at Bordeaux and Lyon airports has also led to the cancellation of one return flight to Bordeaux today and two return flights to Lyon tomorrow.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022...eland-flights/
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
For July 1, list likely incomplete
EI 238 DUB LGW
EI 248 DUB LGW
EI 692 DUB DUS
EI 506 DUB BOD *
EI 608 DUB AMS

EI 342 DUB ZRH
EI 276 DUB BHX
EI 638 DUB BRU

For July 2, at least the following are showing as cancelled as of 11am DUB time
EI 610 DUB AMS
EI 550 DUB LYS *
EI 552 DUB LYS *
EI 232 DUB LGW

* Due issue at arriving airport, strike/ATC etc
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:06 am

I know I asked yesterday but I’m not quite sure I understood the answer. If my flight to LGW is cancelled will there be an option online to change destination? Like Bermingham or Bristol? Plenty of trains available at short notice! Or will I have to ring them.

Have to say this is going to ruin my weekend 🤪
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
It might let you, not sure, but only if the country of destination doesn't change.

EI regional hasn't got any issues apart from being late so BRS/BHX might be safe options.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:17 am

Grand. Thanks. Won’t be a change of country. Just have to get to London!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:25 am

What a nightmare! Due to fly Athens to London next Wednesday but yet to book. Does anyone have tips on which airline/airport is best??? Am staying in central London. Was thinking middle of the day flights. Love any help!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by CuriousJo
What a nightmare! Due to fly Athens to London next Wednesday but yet to book. Does anyone have tips on which airline/airport is best??? Am staying in central London. Was thinking middle of the day flights. Love any help!
Aer Lingus aren't got to be much help with ATH-LON ! ... I guess Aegean to Heathrow probably the most reliable option at the moment if you've got a choice
DELLAS and CuriousJo like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by alserire
I know I asked yesterday but I’m not quite sure I understood the answer. If my flight to LGW is cancelled will there be an option online to change destination? Like Bermingham or Bristol? Plenty of trains available at short notice! Or will I have to ring them.

Have to say this is going to ruin my weekend 🤪
You can change to any UK or EU airport if the booking was in Euro and starts in DUB . May need to use desktop website and failing that the dreaded call center !
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
You can change to any UK or EU airport if the booking was in Euro and starts in DUB . May need to use desktop website and failing that the dreaded call center !
Thanks. I’m fine online. Desktop or laptop or app or whatever. Just want to avoid the call centre as I suspect speed will be of the essence
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:20 am

No flights available at all tomorrow. And that’s before any cancellations bar one announced.

this is not good.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:55 am

Things seem to be going a lot better today, didn't see any cancelled beyond those notified yesterday.

Lounge was an utter zoo, security was 30 minutes and moving well

I'm told the EI692 did actually operate yesterday 4 hours late but no trace of it anywhere
alserire likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Things seem to be going a lot better today, didn't see any cancelled beyond those notified yesterday.

Lounge was an utter zoo, security was 30 minutes and moving well

I'm told the EI692 did actually operate yesterday 4 hours late but no trace of it anywhere
be nice to think we’re over the hump.

EI selling lounge passes again online. Between that and renewing everyone the lounge will
be fairly packed for some time
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: BA- Gold, Accor - Diamond
I was travelling EI on a UA ticket on Thursday. EI DUB-LHR and LHR-SFO on UA. Was at the airport on Wednesday night pre check my bags for the 7:30 flight when I saw they cancelled the flight. (Had been obsessively been checking due to previous cancellations) Was sent over to ticketing where I called UA while waiting. UA had not been informed of the cancellation so they were unable to do anything. There weren’t any seats to get me to London in time for my connection. Fortunately EI was able to put me on the direct DUB-SFO after chatting with the UA rep who was still on the phone with me. I was on a special business fare on UA that EI didn’t recognise right away so they were going to put me in economy. (Don’t get me wrong, I was appreciative of getting on any flight at this point) Fortunately the UA rep confirmed with her that is was a legitimate business fare and there was an open seat in business. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t already been at the airport (and had the UA rep on the phone) as I couldn’t do anything online due to the coshare ticket. I also never received notification that the flight had been cancelled.

I can’t imagine how horrible to be a ticketing agent right now.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Card
I was travelling EI on a UA ticket on Thursday. EI DUB-LHR and LHR-SFO on UA. Was at the airport on Wednesday night pre check my bags for the 7:30 flight when I saw they cancelled the flight. (Had been obsessively been checking due to previous cancellations) Was sent over to ticketing where I called UA while waiting. UA had not been informed of the cancellation so they were unable to do anything. There weren’t any seats to get me to London in time for my connection. Fortunately EI was able to put me on the direct DUB-SFO after chatting with the UA rep who was still on the phone with me. I was on a special business fare on UA that EI didn’t recognise right away so they were going to put me in economy. (Don’t get me wrong, I was appreciative of getting on any flight at this point) Fortunately the UA rep confirmed with her that is was a legitimate business fare and there was an open seat in business. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t already been at the airport (and had the UA rep on the phone) as I couldn’t do anything online due to the coshare ticket. I also never received notification that the flight had been cancelled.

I can’t imagine how horrible to be a ticketing agent right now.
There are reports of people not getting cancellation notification. How can you rebook if you don’t get notified? Keep an eye out yourself then go straight to the app/website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.