Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus DUB Tight Connection

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Aer Lingus DUB Tight Connection

I have a 1hr 5min connection on an IAD-DUB-VIE EI itinerary booked via United on 6/21. We won’t be checking bags, are US Passport holders, and sitting in J for IAD-DUB so should get off the plane quickly.

My understanding is it’s likely we will be in the 400 gates and will only need a passport check. Since we are going US-to-Schengen we won’t need to enter Ireland and likely won’t need a security screen.

Does anyone have any experience with connections this tight at DUB? Looks like there isn’t another DUB-VIE that day on EI so if anything goes wrong will we be rebooked onto that or is it possible we could get a BA routing his LHR?

I have a “safer” alternative to this booked but if all goes well this gets me there faster and we have throne seats on the A321 which I am excited to try.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Once everything is on time you’ll be fine. That’s the key. You will not be rerouted via BA and likely you’ll be put up for the night and put on the next flight.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:54 pm

I've been thinking about booking YYZ-DUB-FRA in November - I think the outbound connection time is 1h45m and the return is just over an hour... Hard to beat an $800 CAD return ticket, although I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for..."

Never flown through DUB or on Aer Lingus so really on the fence. I think Alserire is right, the key is punctuality on everyones part to make it work.
alserire likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.