Wiki Posts
Search

Intra European A330s

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Intra European A330s

Best I can tell EI is not selling a J ticket for DUB-AGP, which is operated by an A330. Is there any way to get a business seat on that flight either through being in J on a TATL segment preceding, having status or paying at the airport/check in?
Old May 15, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Book an Aerspace seat, that gets you into the cabin

Depending on loads there is a chance of an upgrade for status holders as they tend to sell all seats regardless of class
Old May 15, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Best I can tell EI is not selling a J ticket for DUB-AGP, which is operated by an A330. Is there any way to get a business seat on that flight either through being in J on a TATL segment preceding, having status or paying at the airport/check in?
Yes €89.99 each way on a Saver or Plus fare or as above buy Aerspace and its free. They also sell them at check in especially on the Spanish side where there are usually signs at check in offering paid upgrades .
Old May 28, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
I'm flying on the AGP-DUB flight on next Monday (June 5) and it's still operated by the A330, but all the J seats are blocked from selection (not even paid). Even when simulating a brand new booking using an Advantage fare, and there doesn't seem to be any J specific fares. Anyone know if we can pay to upgrade during OLCI or at the airport (if so at check in or at gate?).

Old May 28, 2023, 5:43 am

I just tried a dummy booking on the app and only 3 J seats were available for booking on an advantage fare on the outbound (2 middles in row 1 and 1 middle in last row).

I’d imagine the inbound is full as it’s a public holiday weekend.
Old May 28, 2023, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by fmisle
I'm flying on the AGP-DUB flight on next Monday (June 5) and it's still operated by the A330, but all the J seats are blocked from selection (not even paid). Even when simulating a brand new booking using an Advantage fare, and there doesn't seem to be any J specific fares. Anyone know if we can pay to upgrade during OLCI or at the airport (if so at check in or at gate?).

A lot of people have caught onto the J seats and especially the regulars with homes in Spain. The J cabin is always very busy these days.
Old May 29, 2023, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Even when simulating a brand new booking using an Advantage fare, and there doesn't seem to be any J specific fares. Anyone know if we can pay to upgrade during OLCI or at the airport
If they are not selling AerSpace tickets, then that would seem to suggest that the J cabin is either not being sold, or has sold out.

Enquire at the airport check-in desk, and please report your experience in this thread. Good luck!
Old May 29, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If no AerSpace it show as sold out

This is a non AerSpace route, so Advantage gets you J seating if available
MeltingAlf likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Expertflyer suggests that all the J seats have been taken in that particular flight you were checking.

You should be able to choose J seats on Advantage if they are available. Snagged 2A myself two days ago on an DUB-AGP route mid-this month.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
It was indeed fully booked, it would've been a nice treat! Thanks all.
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.