Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Negative antigen or PCR test to be needed before arrival into Ireland from Friday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Negative antigen or PCR test to be needed before arrival into Ireland from Friday

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I hope this requirement to provide a negative test from the UK is kicked into touch. I'm flying to Dublin from Edinburgh then from there to the US (overnight in DUB). Two tests in two days (Ireland/US) on the way out then both Irish/UK tests on the way back isn't cheap and is quite a hassle given it all seems to have been done on a whim from all parties.
Edit: has the Irish government clarified what a professional test is and whether tests taken in a video appointment would be valid?
Video appointment cannot "perform" the test so no, it won't be valid.

Travel will be destroyed if this lasts for very long.
Silver Fox, u01sss3 and mailliW like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by u01sss3
I wonder what an established operator even means.
Someone charging you literally through the nose.
farci and Silver Fox like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I can however understand annoyance where people are required to double up on testing (e.g. flying to RoI with a final destination in NI).
It is a mess, but I'm not sure who to get 'riled up' about this on the political level, to get it fixed.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:45 am
Original Poster

The Government has delayed the introduction of PCR and antigen testing for air and sea passengers arriving into Ireland by 48 hours.

The measure was due to come into force today, however an Aer Lingus spokesperson told RTÉ News that they were informed last night by the Government that the regulations will be delayed until Sunday.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...-restrictions/
gnomeza likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
What an absolute fiasco
Silver Fox and alserire like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
It is a mess, but I'm not sure who to get 'riled up' about this on the political level, to get it fixed.

Don't get riled up. Just ignore it. It is quite clear at this stage that our leaders have no clue. So take responsibility for yourself and do what you think you need to do to keep safe. And let everyone else do likewise.

It's farcical at this stage.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:09 am
Original Poster

A group of 20 weekend tourists visiting Dublin were interviewed at the airport this morning and had all paid €30 for tests they did not need and were very angry ! The Irish government should be made to refund them its a complete disgrace and no wonder tourists are choosing Ireland less and less.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 5:20 pm

Is there any truth to the rumour that the EU have instructed countries that testing isn't on if a person is vaccinated? Read earlier that Portugal is testing all entrants but the EU has instructed them that vaccinated EU citizens should be allowed to move freely.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by DELLAS
The Government has delayed the introduction of PCR and antigen testing for air and sea passengers arriving into Ireland by 48 hours.

The measure was due to come into force today, however an Aer Lingus spokesperson told RTÉ News that they were informed last night by the Government that the regulations will be delayed until Sunday.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...-restrictions/
BA staff at LCY this evening didn't know this and insisted on a negative test.
Took some pressure and a series of calls to head office to allow me and one other bloke to board. PITA.
DELLAS, Silver Fox and u01sss3 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnomeza
BA staff at LCY this evening didn't know this and insisted on a negative test.
Took some pressure and a series of calls to head office to allow me and one other bloke to board. PITA.
Yep knew that would happen a colleague of mine was about to cancel their test but I strongly advised them to go ahead as there might be confusion at stations abroad .
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Is there any truth to the rumour that the EU have instructed countries that testing isn't on if a person is vaccinated? Read earlier that Portugal is testing all entrants but the EU has instructed them that vaccinated EU citizens should be allowed to move freely.
The EU are desperately trying to hold the line on the pass being enough for citizens, but they can’t instruct national governments, it’s a national rather than an EU competence.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:32 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ure-covid-test

Does not apply to arrivals from Ireland.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Is there any official definition of who the test provider can be yet?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Is there any official definition of who the test provider can be yet?
Someone you have to pay.
masmadrid and W213Sal like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
and who provides a printed receipt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.