Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take off for 25% fewer Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Take off for 25% fewer Avios

Take off for 25% fewer Avios This November, we're celebrating AerClub's 5th Birthday – and you can join the fun!

This week only, you'll enjoy 25% off the Avios amount required to discount flights booked on aerlingus.com or the Aer Lingus app! You can choose to pay for all or just some of your flight using 25% fewer Avios than usual. Book before 7 November 2021, for travel before 24 March 2022.*

What are you waiting for? Let your Avios take you on a getaway to remember for less.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thats pay with Avios on the website NOT Avios redemption bookings

Catch is all flight segments must be outside the blackout dates 17-23 Dec/2-8 Jan, you can't mix like you can with normal cash fare discounts
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thumbs up

The benefits just keep piling up; first they offer me AerSpace for less than Economy Saver, and then they give me a 25% discount on the Avios amount when I decide to get rid of some of the pile of Avios I have no other use for...
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:47 am

I assume if utilising 'part' pay with avios (even for 100% of the fare) you will still earn any relevant tier credits due (saver, plus etc)? I assume avios is only earned on any cash payment made (if any).
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
I assume if utilising 'part' pay with avios (even for 100% of the fare) you will still earn any relevant tier credits due (saver, plus etc)? I assume avios is only earned on any cash payment made (if any).
I would assume so, yes; I will let you know if I actually take this flight. I needed to build in a backup plan to get back to Holland as there's a chance I may have to extend my stay and move the return leg of the KLM booking I made months ago; alternatives were literally disappearing as I was checking Avios bookings over the course of the past few days from Thursday onwards.
mccartje likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mccartje
Its treated as revenue so would be the same as if you paid with cash / card etc .. You should earn the same.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
It is a revenue ticket, issued by EI coming from revenue inventory

If you can score a good fare, add in the current promotions and 25% off it starts to look really good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.