Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is European inflight service back?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Question Is European inflight service back?

I see on the website that an update bia menu has been published (with no fresh food, but the return of soft drinks, alcohol and snacks), but I have heard multiple reports that there is still no inflight service on the European routes. Is this the case and if so, does anyone know when the service will be reintroduced?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:08 am

No in-flight service when I flew a few weeks back.

Was offered a coffee back in apr
both trips were aer space fares
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:43 am

No still not available . In AerSpace they sometimes come around with a bottle of water but thats about it. Id say it will be another month after the travel advice hopefully changes that we will see in reintroduced on a limited basis first.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Hi all,

I wanted to give an update on some recent European flights that I have taken and the service provided onboard. It has been alluded to on this forum and others, but I can confirm that there is a significant supply challenge with catering on shorthaul routes. I flew to Dubrovnik and back with a load of around 150 each way. I already knew that the Bia offering was limited i.e. no fresh food (no idea why when meals are provided n longhaul economy and the crew are up and down the cabin anyway?) but the catering was truly astonishing. No red wine was loaded on any flight, only 8 mini-bottles of white wine were loaded (we got the last 2 and we sat in row 2...), a couple of chocolate bars and a few cans of soda. That was it! On the return, I asked the crew after 1.5 hours if I could buy some chocolate and a water and she told me that there was literally nothing left on the trolley. Nothing, zilch, nada - no drinks, water, snacks, alcohol. All gone. She was highly mortified (and told me this) and advised me to complain directly to Aer Lingus, which I will do.

But a word of warning to you if you are flying soon, particularly for longer flights, I would recommend you self-cater.
DELLAS and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mrdisco
Hi all,

I wanted to give an update on some recent European flights that I have taken and the service provided onboard. It has been alluded to on this forum and others, but I can confirm that there is a significant supply challenge with catering on shorthaul routes. I flew to Dubrovnik and back with a load of around 150 each way. I already knew that the Bia offering was limited i.e. no fresh food (no idea why when meals are provided n longhaul economy and the crew are up and down the cabin anyway?) but the catering was truly astonishing. No red wine was loaded on any flight, only 8 mini-bottles of white wine were loaded (we got the last 2 and we sat in row 2...), a couple of chocolate bars and a few cans of soda. That was it! On the return, I asked the crew after 1.5 hours if I could buy some chocolate and a water and she told me that there was literally nothing left on the trolley. Nothing, zilch, nada - no drinks, water, snacks, alcohol. All gone. She was highly mortified (and told me this) and advised me to complain directly to Aer Lingus, which I will do.

But a word of warning to you if you are flying soon, particularly for longer flights, I would recommend you self-cater.
Yes this was pretty much my experience the last few weeks since I have been flying .
Old Aug 9, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Seems to me EI are not managing the return to flying well. So many airlines have returned with decent schedules to DUB. How ironic that EI haven't And those routes running are definintely badly catered
Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:17 am

Link to new Bia menu

https://www.aerlingus.com/media/pdfs...y26conkpdHHgEI
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:56 am

AerSpace

Flew yesterday from Dublin to London Heathrow on an AerSpace ticket and no inflight service was offered at all. I did press the call bell and asked for my drink and snack as per the info on the Aerlingus website but was told they don't do that anymore. Add to that the lounge was also closed in Dublin due to Covid (most other things in terminal were open) and you have to wonder what benefit you get with AerSpace over the substantially cheaper tickets?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Paul458
Flew yesterday from Dublin to London Heathrow on an AerSpace ticket and no inflight service was offered at all. I did press the call bell and asked for my drink and snack as per the info on the Aerlingus website but was told they don't do that anymore. Add to that the lounge was also closed in Dublin due to Covid (most other things in terminal were open) and you have to wonder what benefit you get with AerSpace over the substantially cheaper tickets?
Thats very bad considering I was told it was back and indeed given free drinks and snacks. I have another few Aerspace flights on the 321NEO and A330 coming up so will report back and have a word with the CCM to see whats going on. If Aer Lingus carries on like this they should be moved to a 3 star Skyfix grade
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Paul458
Lounge still closed? Now that's ridiculous. Was in lounges in SZG and FRA on Monday.

You really would wonder what EI are at
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Dublin EI reopens on 1st September.

Legally/Guidance nothing stopping them opening today but only for those vaccinated/recovered

DAA lounge is open
Old Aug 19, 2021, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Dublin EI reopens on 1st September.

Legally/Guidance nothing stopping them opening today but only for those vaccinated/recovered

DAA lounge is open
That will be interesting lounge staff having to refuse entry to those without DCC QR codes. Not to mention that the rules in towns and cities in Ireland are being either over interpreted or not bothering at all . The system is nuts !
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I'm assuming the 'inside dining' rules apply so vaccinated or recovered only which is going to cause some issues, a recent PCR is probably worth more in safety terms.

I'll be in around the 17th Sept to have a look around the 'new' lounge assuming lockdown version something hasn't hit by then

Last edited by ROKNA; Aug 20, 2021 at 6:03 am
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:28 am

This mornings 321NEO in Aerspace I was offered drinks and snacks . The crew seemed to be on their first day back and one asked the other to confirm it was complimentary in Aerspace.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 4:50 am

TFS-DUB this week had three cans of Heineken, two cans of Magners and two red wines. And about five granola / chocolate bars. You have to feel for the cabin crew, it's almost more embarrassing than doing no service at all. By contrast, every Ryanair flight I've taken into DUB recently has been fully stocked. After the hour-long waits at check-in, the weekly emails to say that my upcoming flights have been rescheduled again, and now this, I'd genuinely pay more to fly with Ryanair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.