Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

BA Booking on EI not showing on Aer lingus webpage??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS

Booked a flight back from MAN-DUB for my son on Thursday 2nd of April 17:15 on BA.com BA2081 or EI211

Concerned that flight not taking place as not showing as available on AER LINGUS Website
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The Aer Lingus website/app never shows third-party bookings.

This is entirely normal. You cannot view BA bookings on the Aer Lingus website.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:30 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
I think that irishflyer meant that the flight is not showing as happening at all on the aer Lingus site - I have a BA coded, EI operated flight next week which is showing up fine in BA mmb, but EI are not selling tickets for it and the flight number (indeed route completely, LGW-DUB) is not coming up on the EI website under flight status....
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Flight is almost certainly cancelled.

Contact BA as the ticket issuer for refund or rebooking
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only EI203 is scheduled to operate on this route tomorrow, according to the "Flight Info" tab of the Aer Lingus website.

In these uncertain times especially, it is highly advisable to book flights direct from the operating airline, rather than via any third party agent (even another airline). It cuts out the avoidable hassle of having to deal with "middlemen" when it is highly likely that you will need to make changes.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:58 am

but flight still showing on ba.com

While I agree with irishguy28's basic premise of always booking direct with the operator where possible, the flight the OP refers to (this evening at 17.15) is still showing as available on ba.com.

Yes it's a fast-moving situation, etc etc, but really BA and EI (both parts of IAG) should be doing a much better job of communicating than this!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
While I agree with irishguy28's basic premise of always booking direct with the operator where possible, the flight the OP refers to (this evening at 17.15) is still showing as available on ba.com.
I know time drags in lockdown...but you are ahead of yourself by a full 24 hours there!

Yes it's a fast-moving situation, etc etc, but really BA and EI (both parts of IAG) should be doing a much better job of communicating than this!

Better to rely on one's own wits - and book in the correct place!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I know time drags in lockdown...but you are ahead of yourself by a full 24 hours there!
Ooops - time really is dragging!

But the same flight on the Thursday is also for sale on ba.com, and the equivalent flight for today (for sale on ba.com, not for sale/showing up on ei.com) is showing as flying as scheduled on manchester airport's website...

I know that FTers know the rule about booking with the operator (and my booking is part of a larger BA itin), but most normal people would be v confused about this...!
og likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
I think that irishflyer meant that the flight is not showing as happening at all on the aer Lingus site - I have a BA coded, EI operated flight next week which is showing up fine in BA mmb, but EI are not selling tickets for it and the flight number (indeed route completely, LGW-DUB) is not coming up on the EI website under flight status....
Exactly right, sorry if I explained it badly.

His booking was moved to 9am which was impossible, I rang the GOLD number with BA and in fairness girl changed it to Friday which will at least get him home. That flight is bookable with Aer linGus
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.