Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only DUB-BOS/JFK/ORD/SFO remain

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Only DUB-BOS/JFK/ORD/SFO remain

Due US restrictions on travel not all US airports are accepting international flights, as a result flights to PHL, BDL, MSP, MCO are suspended.

Further to this
IAD, SEA, EWR, MIA, LAX will be suspended in the next 1-3 days

SNN-BOS/JFK will be suspended in the next 1-3 days

Limited schedule to DUB-BOS/JFK/ORD/SFO

Likely unless there is freight needs A321NEOLR will operate to JFK/BOS or even ORD. But probable A330's will still operate as there is considerable freight to be moved

The likelihood is several US carriers will be in chapter 11 in coming weeks, many EU carriers such as SAS have stopped flying already. IAG as significant cash on hand but how long they can last is anyones guess but there will be a lot of freight to move as fewer carriers are operating
MM00LL2 and 36902BRF like this.

Last edited by ROKNA; Mar 17, 2020 at 2:56 am
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
A321 on its way to JFK today from DUB
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:38 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Senior EI pilot reckons it's only 50/50 that EI survives this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by alserire
Senior EI pilot reckons it's only 50/50 that EI survives this.
Better odds than I was expecting.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Due US restrictions on travel not all US airports are accepting international flights, as a result flights to PHL, BDL, MSP, MCO are suspended.

Further to this

Likely unless there is freight needs A321NEOLR will operate to JFK/BOS or even ORD. But probable A330's will still operate as there is considerable freight to be moved

The likelihood is several US carriers will be in chapter 11 in coming weeks, many EU carriers such as SAS have stopped flying already. IAG as significant cash on hand but how long they can last is anyones guess but there will be a lot of freight to move as fewer carriers are operating
Thanks for the upadate. Much appreciated. My sis is flying DUB -LAX in a week so she hoping it is cancelled so she can refund. Keep us posted if you hear of any cancelations
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:04 am
Original Poster

LAX should be cancelled from end of this week, no directs showing in the booking tool.

They may try to rebook you via SFO but that would require something proactive from Aer Lingus, so say nothing and do nothing. Bear in mind if it is a return leg the fare is likely very low due to the way returns are priced on transatlantic. If it the outward on a return then they should refund the whole ticket
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:26 pm

LAX should be cancelled from end of this week, no directs showing in the booking tool.

They may try to rebook you via SFO but that would require something proactive from Aer Lingus, so say nothing and do nothing. Bear in mind if it is a return leg the fare is likely very low due to the way returns are priced on transatlantic. If it the outward on a return then they should refund the whole ticket
It's actually an outward bound GLA-DUB-LAX- LAX-DUB-GLA. Thanks for the update
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:46 pm

Apologies for jumping on this clearly transatlantic thread but...any idea if they will be continuing LGW-NOC? At least through the end of the month? Thanks for any insight.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Highly likely to be canceled in coming days
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Latest update is likely

1. Full suspension of passenger ops across the Atlantic by end of month
2. Limited freight only ops to US
3. Massive cut backs in Shorthaul ops to main UK/EU hubs only
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:53 am

My son has a booked Gatwick/Dublin/Chicago flight on March 28th, returning along the same route on April 18.

Any speculation as to whether the outbound will actually go, and if it does, whether the return flights will go and if they do not when flights will start up again? I do realize this is all speculative. What is the source for the post above mine. I would love to check for myself.

Last edited by Lefty6; Mar 19, 2020 at 9:13 am
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Well you can't fly unless you are a US citizen/permanent resident, will they be allowed fly back?

LGW-DUB-ORD was available on 27th and 30th but not on the 28th. The website is playing up, looking like a new schedule is being loaded

There is talk of parking the majority of the fleet in April
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:10 pm

Well you can't fly unless you are a US citizen/permanent resident, will they be allowed fly back?

LGW-DUB-ORD was available on 27th and 30th but not on the 28th. The website is playing up, looking like a new schedule is being loaded

There is talk of parking the majority of the fleet in April

He is actually a dual US/UK citizen, so from that perspective he could fly. I tried checking the flight by looking to see if I could book a ticket on his flights, and as of a couple of days ago I could. Maybe it's just sold out? Thank you for looking, I will try that again later.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL

Further to this

Please refrain from fear-mongering about bankruptcy possibilities.

To be very clear, there is close to zero chance that this will occur for any of the legacy US carriers which serve these markets. There will almost certainly be a bailout by the US government put in place shortly and, of all the concerns people ought to have right now, this is not one of them.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:52 am

I have booked the following for next week all on one itinerary: DUB-CDG, CDG-DUB-LAX

I just received the following from the airline:
Regrettably flights from the 24th to the 30th March departing from Dublin to LAX have been cancelled
Change your flight without a fee
Apply for a voucher

Change your flight to fly via an alternative Aer Lingus North American Gateway

Nothing about refunds. I went to "manage my trip" on aerlingus.com and there is nothing indicating my DUB-LAX segment has been cancelled.

Any advice on the easiest way to get a refund? (There are four of us on two reservations. One res booked through aerlingus.com the other through bankofamerica's travel portal.)

Last edited by 8tracks; Mar 20, 2020 at 10:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.