Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Doubling of fee on EI Avios Reward Flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:51 am
Original Poster

I have flown LHR-SNN using 8-9k Avios + 45 GBP taxes/charges several times, but now the Avios.com flight finder tool is quoting fees of 90 GBP for the same trip. The new fees are three-quarters of the price of a cash ticket. What's going on?!
Incidentally BA RFS search no longer includes LHR-SNN seats.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:26 am

EI eventually realised that this represented relatively good value to people so promptly closed that tap off and replaced with an offering representing little or no value.
James91 and anydroid like this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by anydroid
I have flown LHR-SNN using 8-9k Avios + 45 GBP taxes/charges several times, but now the Avios.com flight finder tool is quoting fees of 90 GBP for the same trip. The new fees are three-quarters of the price of a cash ticket. What's going on?!
Incidentally BA RFS search no longer includes LHR-SNN seats.
I'm surprised you mention BA RFS in relation to Aer Lingus flights.

Did they *ever* show Aer Lingus flights available at RFS rates? In my experience, they never have (but I never searched for the LHR-SNN service via BA).

It's also my understanding that Aer Lingus doesn't have RFS, so booking through Avios/Aer Club would never get you a comparable RFS rate.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Have to say Avios are not really worth it in many ways. Transatlantic "fees" can be as much as half the cost of a full fare economy ticket.

Disappointing to hear that they are jacking the fees up.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by alserire

Disappointing to hear that they are jacking the fees up.
I just checked my usual routes to/from AMS on EI. They are available at the same rates as at the start of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.