Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

More abysmal service from EI - Couldn't care less attitude to their 'Guest's -- Farce

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More abysmal service from EI - Couldn't care less attitude to their 'Guest's -- Farce

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by IrishBoy
https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-38267381.html

What annoys me the most is their use of Guests ! Another ridiculous phrase from their English COO -- Sad how EI has fallen so far so quickly .. Used to be the gold standard -- not anymore. .. I hope those EU domiciled PAX take them for max. EU compensation..

EI -- Never again ..
What’s the relevance of the COO being English?

Also, all pax are entitled to EU261 protections, not just those domiciled in the EU. If on an EU carrier this protection covers all flights. If on a non EU carrier this protection covers flights departing the EU but not flights originating outwith the EU.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mrow
What’s the relevance of the COO being English?
Or the place of domicile of the pax!

EDIT: I just noticed when I bothered to read the rest of your post that you caught that, too!!!

mrow likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by IrishBoy
https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-38267381.html

What annoys me the most is their use of Guests ! Another ridiculous phrase from their English COO -- Sad how EI has fallen so far so quickly .. Used to be the gold standard -- not anymore. .. I hope those EU domiciled PAX take them for max. EU compensation..

EI -- Never again ..
I really don't see the relevance of the fact that he's "English". The fact that the British purchased Aer Lingus is such a good thing as the Irish have a very laissez-faire approach to customer service, the British are far better at that than we are! Let's hope we rejoin oneworld, get AerClub in order, get proper priority boarding in all airports and so on... things that have already been implemented on BA/most major carriers decades ago.... let's hope EI catches up...
AlanA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.