Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

What is EI TATL economy inflight service like?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

I recently booked DUB-LAX on EI in economy, mainly since unlike most other airlines they still include one free checked baggage. I was pleasantly surprise to learn that one could reserve seats for free at booking time.
The flight will be on an A330-200. What is the economy inflight service like with EI (on long-haul)? How does it compare to e.g. BA's or AA's (e.g. food, drink, inflight entertainment)?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
:Plenty of info here

https://www.aerlingus.com/experience-aer-lingus/
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by geosch
I recently booked DUB-LAX on EI in economy, mainly since unlike most other airlines they still include one free checked baggage. I was pleasantly surprise to learn that one could reserve seats for free at booking time.
The flight will be on an A330-200. What is the economy inflight service like with EI (on long-haul)? How does it compare to e.g. BA's or AA's (e.g. food, drink, inflight entertainment)?
My 2 cents.

Versus BA/AA, food is pretty similar IMO, it's Y after all and not going to be great but edible (you can pay to have a better meal on EI in Y which is an improvement but might not be worth the money). Alcoholic drinks are not complimentary on EI is the main difference here. You'll be paying $6+ each time depending on what you want. The in flight entertainment is also worse on EI in terms of choice of what to watch. Quality of IFE is very aircraft dependent when comparing to BA/AA, but I find it a perfectly watchable IFE for Y on EI.

Last edited by mccartje; Jun 18, 2019 at 3:52 am Reason: Clarification
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Within the last year I've done EI, DL and VS, all TATL to east coast US from UK/Ireland. All were on A330 equipment, which for both DL and VS are generally considered neither the worst or best types to be on for those airlines. Between these 3 carriers, EI was the best overall, which actually surprised me! As mentioned already by mccartje, the IFE is weak in terms of choice, but the quality was good (nice touch screen and worked well), and the choice was still good enough if not as big as DL or VS. This was probably the only area for me where DL and VS were better than EI. I found the seat to be more comfortable and spacious compared to the DL and VS seats. Also food was comparable to DL which I found to be pretty good, and way better than what VS offered.

Although it still comes down to what happens on the day! None of these carriers are completely consistent with their service! In any case I think it unlikely that you're in for a hideous experience, but neither should you expect to be blown away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.