Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Reservation Fully Refunded - But Not Exit Row Charge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:48 am
Original Poster

A little more complicated than title indicates.

My friend booked a miles ticket through UA (Mileage Plus) with an EI segment. Based on a UA weather waiver, entire itinerary is cancelled and refunded by UA (inclement weather was on the outbound, the EI flight that was cancelled was the inbound.) .

Friend had paid $90 directly to EI for an exit row seat. EI now refuses to refund. I can't find any rules on this on the EI website, anyone know the rules on this?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
From the EI website.

"Seat fees are non-refundable."

Unless EI cancelled its flight, your friend is likely SOL. I would take another crack at EI asking that it consider the weather waiver issued by UA. But, EI likely will not budge.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Based on a UA weather waiver, entire itinerary is cancelled and refunded by UA (inclement weather was on the outbound, the EI flight that was cancelled was the inbound.) .
Can you clarify whether the EI flight in question was cancelled, or whether it was just that your friend's ticket including that flight was voluntarily cancelled?

It will have a bearing on your question - we need to know if the EI flight actually operated as planned.

Did your friend use the Refund Request Form, or how was the refund refusal notified to them?

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 11, 2019 at 3:07 am
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It sounded to me as though OP's friend took advantage of a "weather waiver" to cancel. There was no indication that either flight was cancelled.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
It sounded to me as though OP's friend took advantage of a "weather waiver" to cancel. There was no indication that either flight was cancelled.
Weather waiver was a UA waiver based on anticipated bad weather at US departure airport. EI flight was a return flight a few weeks later.

After being told "no refund" twice by the phone reservation number, Twitter support agreed to refund the charge.
Dambus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.