Search

BA Silver on Aer Lingus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:01 am
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

BA Silver on Aer Lingus

Hi All,

Am booked to fly on Aer Lingus this Sunday. Am BA Silver. Can’t find anywhere on the Ael Lingus site detailing which benefits I may get. If any. My company also haven’t purchased baggage as this is usually included with BA. When attempting to check in I am charged for seats also.

Any details regarding lounge access, baggage etc would be appreciated.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:42 am

I believe if flying out from LHR as a BA Silver on EI you can access the Aer Lingus lounge there. No free baggage or free seat selection on EI basic fares within Europe (which it sounds like you have if being asked to pay for seat selection) not even for elite Aerclub members so you are stuck on that one I'm afraid. Others may have more information for you regarding any additional benefits that I'm not aware of.
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
Others may have more information for you regarding any additional benefits that I'm not aware of.
There are no benefits other than the one you mention - BA Silver and Gold card holders may use the EI lounges when travelling on EI flights between Heathrow and Ireland, and vice versa.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
There are no benefits other than the one you mention - BA Silver and Gold card holders may use the EI lounges when travelling on EI flights between Heathrow and Ireland, and vice versa.
when you say vice versa, I’m Aer Club Platinum and flying BA LHR-DUB, can I use the BA Lounge with my AerClub card?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alancostello

when you say vice versa, I’m Aer Club Platinum and flying BA LHR-DUB, can I use the BA Lounge with my AerClub card?
No; vice versa was meant to be interpreted as "between Ireland and Heathrow".

Aerclub status won't get you into any BA lounge when travelling on a BA economy class ticket - for that, you require the relevant status in a oneworld programme.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
No; vice versa was meant to be interpreted as "between Ireland and Heathrow".

Aerclub status won't get you into any BA lounge when travelling on a BA economy class ticket - for that, you require the relevant status in a oneworld programme.
Actually, Platinum and Concoerge members can access BA lounges at Heathrow if travelling on a ticket with EI and BA sectors.

Originally Posted by Aer Lingus.com
AerClub Concierge and Platinum members also have access to the British Airways Lounge in London Heathrow when travelling onwards on a through-ticket with British Airways. This means that your ticket must have an Aer Lingus and British Airways flight on the same ticket/booking. If separate tickets/bookings have been issued then British Airways lounge access won't be available.
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:43 am
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

I just got denied lounge access at BHD flying Lingus on BA Silver. Was granted access Heathrow to London. Would this be because it is a shared oounge?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackDann
I just got denied lounge access at BHD flying Lingus on BA Silver. Was granted access Heathrow to London. Would this be because it is a shared oounge?
It would be because there is a BA lounge at BHD, and also possibly because your flight is not from Ireland (BHD is in the UK; the EI exception only seems to apply to flights between Ireland and the UK).

Please see this post for all the UK lounges a BA card holder may enter, and the criteria required for entry.

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 5, 2018 at 10:01 am
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub
Am flying DUB to LGW next week and am BAEC Gold.
However, I entered my Aer Club (no status) number when booking the EI flight. Does this matter - will it affect my ability to use the Aer Lingus lounge, or should I have entered my BAEC number?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Nope, BA silver or better card is all you need to present

I've been through with a delta ff number no questions
FinnRolo likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:33 am

Staying mainly on topic,I am a BA silver, flying Aer Lingus MAN-DUB return. Do I get access to any lounges at MAN or DUB? If so, am I able to guest a friend in as per the BA lounge rules?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAW94
Staying mainly on topic,I am a BA silver, flying Aer Lingus MAN-DUB return. Do I get access to any lounges at MAN or DUB? If so, am I able to guest a friend in as per the BA lounge rules?
You should be able to get into the EI lounge at DUB ahead of your return flight. No guest, but anyone can buy lounge access online on the EI website (or at the entrance).

No lounge for you at MAN.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
No access. EI is not part of Oneworld so BAEC means nothing apart from the historical agreement when flying to LHR from DUB/SNN/ORK
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Is your booking EI ticketed?

I do this route and book on BA.com getting a BA coded flight. I use my Priority Pass at Man T1 (when they are bothered letting PP in) then the DAA Lounge at DUB as a OWE. This nets me 5 TP and 625 avios each way. Never guested anyone so can't answer that. Before I forget, booking this way also gets you your checked baggage allowance as per BA on the 125 issued ticket - I confirmed this direct with Aer Lingus and its worked for me every time.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
Is your booking EI ticketed?

I do this route and book on BA.com getting a BA coded flight.
Just curious - how does the flight cost compare with booking direct with EI?

Also for the OP - the DAA lounge takes PP, IOD membership etc etc - worth checking if you might have another means of access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.