Wiki Posts
Search

View Tier Points detail

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
View Tier Points detail

Maybe I am not looking deep enough but is there a section to view the Tier Points detail ? I can see the Avios detail but the Tier points clock just seems to show the rolling total.

I have taken a few trips but think I am missing some tier points but the Avios are showing. I don't know which legs of the flights are missing tier points.

Is there / will there be a monthly email with detail ?

Or is this just another part of the shambolic roll out.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
Maybe I am not looking deep enough but is there a section to view the Tier Points detail ?
Unfortunately not!

I was looking for this last week, as I had a numerically impossible number of Tier Points for the number of sectors recorded in my Avios activity list.

Now, however, having logged on again, the Tier Point balance is the same as it was last week, but an additional flight and its corresponding Avios have been added to my total. This, now, makes sense for the number of Tier Points - and suggests that, at least in some cases, the Tier Points hit your account before the corresponding Avios/listing of the flight on your transaction list do.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
Maybe I am not looking deep enough but is there a section to view the Tier Points detail ? I can see the Avios detail but the Tier points clock just seems to show the rolling total.

I have taken a few trips but think I am missing some tier points but the Avios are showing. I don't know which legs of the flights are missing tier points.

Is there / will there be a monthly email with detail ?

Or is this just another part of the shambolic roll out.
No way currently to see a breakdown of posted Tier credits.

As irishguy28 says above the Tier Credits seem to post 24-48hours before the Avios.

One reason you might think you are missing tier credits from flights which have posted Avios could be the sneaky 50% reduction in Tier Credit rates for a range of discounted fares introduced a couple of months ago. e.g. a range of discounted transatlantic fare only earn 25 Tier Credits rather then the 50 that was touted when the programme launched.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Allegedly this capability is coming in the "next phase of the AerClub rollout", but judging by what has gone on so far I wouldn't be holding your breath. As mentioned above the tier points do credit first followed a few days later by the corresponding Avios.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: AerClub
Originally Posted by Dambus
No way currently to see a breakdown of posted Tier credits.

As irishguy28 says above the Tier Credits seem to post 24-48hours before the Avios.

One reason you might think you are missing tier credits from flights which have posted Avios could be the sneaky 50% reduction in Tier Credit rates for a range of discounted fares introduced a couple of months ago. e.g. a range of discounted transatlantic fare only earn 25 Tier Credits rather then the 50 that was touted when the programme launched.
Hi - I'm wondering have you ever been able to get around this reduction and get 50 Tier Credits on each leg of a return flight?
The standard seems to be 50 outgoing, 25 return. No matter what way I work the dates/times etc.
Speaking about transatlantic flights here.

Any advice appreciated

Thank you

--Sean

Last edited by Sean Brody; Dec 8, 2020 at 12:58 pm Reason: Missing info
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Sean Brody
Hi - I'm wondering have you ever been able to get around this reduction and get 50 Tier Credits on each leg of a return flight?
The standard seems to be 50 outgoing, 25 return. No matter what way I work the dates/times etc.
Speaking about transatlantic flights here.
Ring Aer Lingus; tell them it's crucial for you that they book you into "full-fare" Smart in both directions, i.e. avoiding the fare classes A, Z, W, T, O and R, which you cannot do for yourself on the website.
Attached Images  
Sean Brody likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Ring Aer Lingus; tell them it's crucial for you that they book you into "full-fare" Smart in both directions, i.e. avoiding the fare classes A, Z, W, T, O and R, which you cannot do for yourself on the website.
I really appreciate the response
I spent a lot of time trying to avoid those codes - it seems obvious to call (obvious now someone has told me)

Thank you
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:11 am

I've called and tried that before and the flight was 100s of dollars more each direction to get out of the "sale" codes, which is a bit of nonsense. It took a while for me to explain to the agent what I wanted but she eventually got it, but I didn't want to spend the extra for the extra points. It's annoying because I've booked flights with full tier credits that were cheaper than the other "sale" fares which yield 50% points, for more money.
Sean Brody likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by uncleruckus
I've called and tried that before and the flight was 100s of dollars more each direction to get out of the "sale" codes, which is a bit of nonsense. It took a while for me to explain to the agent what I wanted but she eventually got it, but I didn't want to spend the extra for the extra points. It's annoying because I've booked flights with full tier credits that were cheaper than the other "sale" fares which yield 50% points, for more money.
It's frustrating as heck.
I'd like to try and get up a level, but they are clearly trying to make that as difficult as possible. Even that extra point - 301, 601 etc - usually means a whole extra flight for that single point.

Thank you for the response.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Its painful, now if you are a very frequent flyer on TATL you probably have seen a situation where you booked a 25 credit flight and get 50 credited and kept your mouth shut.

If you have seen this, you probably have figured it out and please say nothing to anyone.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Its painful, now if you are a very frequent flyer on TATL you probably have seen a situation where you booked a 25 credit flight and get 50 credited and kept your mouth shut.

If you have seen this, you probably have figured it out and please say nothing to anyone.
I have never seen that to be honest
It's always been 50 out, 25 back
But I'm encouraged to know that it happens!

Thank you
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:39 pm

I will try calling before booking, but what I am finding today is that every Saver fare out of BOS/JFK/LAX to DUB is marked Z
I have just tried a bunch of dates in Feb/Mar/Apr/May/June 2021 and every single one has a lower code
This is the same code I've got for every Saver BOS-DUB flight

JFK

Maybe the codes are tied to your AerCLub membership, I dunno. But it is dispiriting.

I don't mean to spam this thread with endless questions - I am just on a bit of a learning curve
I appreciate all the responses
Old Dec 10, 2020, 5:26 am

In reality status on Aer Linugs, especially Silver is pretty much worthless anyways. You get lounge access which is nice, but who knows when the lounge will reopen. Other than that you get priority boarding which is only nice so you're not stuck in line with everyone else, but again not that much of a perk.

Now if they allowed you to book seats up front for free, or maybe get free wifi or a free beer on the plane, that would make status a bit better, but overall it's very meh to me. I've also spent however many thousands of dollars on Aer Lingus flights collecting Avois points which are equally worthless. Of all the flights I've taken in the last 5 years I was finally able to redeem nearly all of my points for $138 off my last flight. The points seem to be worth about a half a cent or so for me.

Compare this to Delta, for example and I would have obtained status much more easily, gained at least one free flight, and have a much better status program.
Sean Brody likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by uncleruckus
In reality status on Aer Linugs, especially Silver is pretty much worthless anyways. You get lounge access which is nice, but who knows when the lounge will reopen. Other than that you get priority boarding which is only nice so you're not stuck in line with everyone else, but again not that much of a perk.

Now if they allowed you to book seats up front for free, or maybe get free wifi or a free beer on the plane, that would make status a bit better, but overall it's very meh to me. I've also spent however many thousands of dollars on Aer Lingus flights collecting Avois points which are equally worthless. Of all the flights I've taken in the last 5 years I was finally able to redeem nearly all of my points for $138 off my last flight. The points seem to be worth about a half a cent or so for me.

Compare this to Delta, for example and I would have obtained status much more easily, gained at least one free flight, and have a much better status program.
My experience is similar
Silver will get you stuff that is mostly access and has no cost to Aer Lingus. Priority boarding is good on a full flight and you want to get to the overheads first.
They are not going to give you anything you might actually pay for - seats, alcohol, wi-fi.
Silver gets you in the Grant Thornton security line atT2 which is good.

Most, if not all, of Silver's benefits have been nulled by Covid.

Avios are close to worthless in my experience.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Sean Brody
My experience is similar
Silver will get you stuff that is mostly access and has no cost to Aer Lingus. Priority boarding is good on a full flight and you want to get to the overheads first.
They are not going to give you anything you might actually pay for - seats, alcohol, wi-fi.
Silver gets you in the Grant Thornton security line atT2 which is good.

Most, if not all, of Silver's benefits have been nulled by Covid.

Avios are close to worthless in my experience.
I guess it's all relative but I'd argue as first rung on the ladder of status then silver for aer lingus is reasonably generous (especially in normal times with lounge access and fast track). It compares favoruably against other oneworld airlines in my experience (AA, BA) for benefits at the first step (ok minus the alliance wide benefit but still).

Avios worth is a minefield, on the face of it poor value but if you can accrue enough and know where the sweet spots lie then there is value to be had. But as a general redemption currency for all purposes it is difficult to find good value I agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.