Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub, TopBonus, Amex
Missing Flight Form - Finally!

Folks,

Here you have the Missing Flight Form:

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/

The only problem is that it's not giving me any confirmation after submitting.
I wrote them to see if they received my missing flights from the form.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by krefe
Folks,

Here you have the Missing Flight Form:

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/

The only problem is that it's not giving me any confirmation after submitting.
I wrote them to see if they received my missing flights from the form.

Enjoy!
This website is registered to a company in Bergamo, Italy. Looks completely fake, why wouldn't it be integrated in to the Aer Lingus website? I've seen no mention of this site on social media or elsewhere. Asked @AerLingus for confirmation just there.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
My gut instinct was that it wasn't legit either.

However, it does reject random made-up 16 digit numbers as being not legitimate AerClub numbers....but that does not necessarily make it legit; it could just be that they know whatever hashing function is used to determine whether a string of 16 digits would have been chosen as an AerClub number or not.

No way am I putting in legitimate details.

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 10, 2017 at 3:22 am
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
My gut instinct was that it wasn't legit either.

However, it does reject random made-up 16 digit numbers as being not legitimate AerClub numbers....but that does not necessarily make it legit; it could just be that they know whatever hashing function is used to determine whether a string of 16 digits would have been chosen as an AerClub number or not.

No way am I putting in legitimate details.
They just replied to me on Twitter telling me it was live and included the link themselves, it seems to be legit! But as you said no conformation at the end either.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How strange that they set up a separate, special URL/website, and didn't even include a link from AerClub (I checked this morning - no mention whatsoever on the official Aer Lingus/Aer Club sites).
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:53 am

Beyond that, they give no time frame for when it will be added to the account. "these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub."

My CDG-DUB flight from a month ago hasn't credited, which means it'll be another trip without the benefits I'm entitled to before I actually get my status(assuming the rest of my flights credit). Given how long Phase 1 took(and is still taking to get right), what hope do we have for phase 2?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:31 am

How strange that they set up a separate, special URL/website, and didn't even include a link from AerClub (I checked this morning - no mention whatsoever on the official Aer Lingus/Aer Club sites).
Most likely due to the current issues with the platform. Its riddled with errors and shutdowns so I am not surprised a stand alone missing flights reporting system is in place.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Most likely due to the current issues with the platform. Its riddled with errors and shutdowns so I am not surprised a stand alone missing flights reporting system is in place.
But that doesn't require a new, separate URL. And it wouldn't prevent them from linking to this page from the existing Aer Club pages...

I am really beginning to fear that the IT issues surrounding oneworld re-integration are going to be so far beyond Aer Lingus' capability that it will never happen...
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:19 am

I am really beginning to fear that the IT issues surrounding oneworld re-integration are going to be so far beyond Aer Lingus' capability that it will never happen...
Agreed we will be lucky to see it within 2 years or more.

Still having issues with my account. Safety in numbers?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-t...am-simon-klaus
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:08 pm

Aer Lingus Entry

It’s also possible that Oneworld could move toward granting membership to less-established carriers in emerging nations -- where incompatible systems and differing service standards have been an issue -- especially since some markets seem likely to transition to low-cost carriers without ever developing fully fledged network operators.

“We’ve got to be open to everything and anything,” Gurney said. “There are some markets that have skipped the cycle, and if we want to have a partner that’s operating in those markets we have to re-think how we collaborate.”

Plans for Ireland’s Aer Lingus to join Oneworld after its purchase by BA owner International Consolidated Airlines Group SA provide an opportunity for the alliance to simplify the process for integrating new members, he said, though the timing is a matter for IAG and “scoping work” hasn’t yet started.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...market-members
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:13 pm

When I fly EI it certainly feels like Ireland is one of the markets that skipped the full service airline part of the cycle.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELLAS
though the timing is a matter for IAG and “scoping work” hasn’t yet started.
If that's true, 2019 would seem to be the earliest realistic re-entry date...
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Aer Club - Concierge. BA - Silver.
On the AerClub FAQ page, there is a topic on Missing Flights.
There is a link there - https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/index.aspx
I am missing 3 Jan 2017 flights, so I have filled them in & saved as it suggests.
Hopefully they improve the system, & it is not necessary to cross check the statement all the time.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub, TopBonus, Amex
Exclamation

Originally Posted by alancostello
They just replied to me on Twitter telling me it was live and included the link themselves, it seems to be legit! But as you said no conformation at the end either.
They replied the following, after I asked when they will credit my Tier. Anyone got any luckier?

"We will capture your data as submitted however the Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub. We will inform all our members once the retro claims have been processed and it will be available for view on your online profile.

To avoid having to wait on award for future bookings please include your AerClub number at the time of booking to ensure the Tier Credits and Avios points are automatically credited to your account once flown."
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by krefe
They replied the following, after I asked when they will credit my Tier. Anyone got any luckier?

"We will capture your data as submitted however the Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub. We will inform all our members once the retro claims have been processed and it will be available for view on your online profile.

To avoid having to wait on award for future bookings please include your AerClub number at the time of booking to ensure the Tier Credits and Avios points are automatically credited to your account once flown."
I got essentially the same, and I don't like the little dig at the end about including your AerClub number, as I know I did(I still have the ticket), and I'm sure most did too. Their system is in error here, not the customer. I actually rang trying to get it credited too as I'll be due Silver from flights in the next two weeks, and they just directed me to the form with no ETA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.