FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Missing Flight Form - Finally! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1820898-missing-flight-form-finally.html)

krefe Feb 9, 2017 6:30 pm

Missing Flight Form - Finally!

Folks,

Here you have the Missing Flight Form:

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/

The only problem is that it's not giving me any confirmation after submitting.
I wrote them to see if they received my missing flights from the form.

Enjoy!

alancostello Feb 10, 2017 2:25 am

Originally Posted by krefe (Post 27889207)
Folks,

Enjoy!

This website is registered to a company in Bergamo, Italy. Looks completely fake, why wouldn't it be integrated in to the Aer Lingus website? I've seen no mention of this site on social media or elsewhere. Asked @AerLingus for confirmation just there.

irishguy28 Feb 10, 2017 3:16 am

My gut instinct was that it wasn't legit either.

However, it does reject random made-up 16 digit numbers as being not legitimate AerClub numbers....but that does not necessarily make it legit; it could just be that they know whatever hashing function is used to determine whether a string of 16 digits would have been chosen as an AerClub number or not.

No way am I putting in legitimate details.

alancostello Feb 10, 2017 3:42 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 27890465)
My gut instinct was that it wasn't legit either.

However, it does reject random made-up 16 digit numbers as being not legitimate AerClub numbers....but that does not necessarily make it legit; it could just be that they know whatever hashing function is used to determine whether a string of 16 digits would have been chosen as an AerClub number or not.

No way am I putting in legitimate details.

They just replied to me on Twitter telling me it was live and included the link themselves, it seems to be legit! But as you said no conformation at the end either.

irishguy28 Feb 10, 2017 4:09 am

How strange that they set up a separate, special URL/website, and didn't even include a link from AerClub (I checked this morning - no mention whatsoever on the official Aer Lingus/Aer Club sites).

alancostello Feb 10, 2017 4:53 am

Beyond that, they give no time frame for when it will be added to the account. "these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub."

My CDG-DUB flight from a month ago hasn't credited, which means it'll be another trip without the benefits I'm entitled to before I actually get my status(assuming the rest of my flights credit). Given how long Phase 1 took(and is still taking to get right), what hope do we have for phase 2?

DELLAS Feb 10, 2017 5:31 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 27890557)
How strange that they set up a separate, special URL/website, and didn't even include a link from AerClub (I checked this morning - no mention whatsoever on the official Aer Lingus/Aer Club sites).

Most likely due to the current issues with the platform. Its riddled with errors and shutdowns so I am not surprised a stand alone missing flights reporting system is in place.

irishguy28 Feb 10, 2017 6:47 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 27890721)
Most likely due to the current issues with the platform. Its riddled with errors and shutdowns so I am not surprised a stand alone missing flights reporting system is in place.

But that doesn't require a new, separate URL. And it wouldn't prevent them from linking to this page from the existing Aer Club pages...

I am really beginning to fear that the IT issues surrounding oneworld re-integration are going to be so far beyond Aer Lingus' capability that it will never happen...

DELLAS Feb 10, 2017 7:19 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 27890911)

I am really beginning to fear that the IT issues surrounding oneworld re-integration are going to be so far beyond Aer Lingus' capability that it will never happen...

Agreed we will be lucky to see it within 2 years or more.

Still having issues with my account. Safety in numbers?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-t...am-simon-klaus

DELLAS Feb 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Aer Lingus Entry

It’s also possible that Oneworld could move toward granting membership to less-established carriers in emerging nations -- where incompatible systems and differing service standards have been an issue -- especially since some markets seem likely to transition to low-cost carriers without ever developing fully fledged network operators.

“We’ve got to be open to everything and anything,” Gurney said. “There are some markets that have skipped the cycle, and if we want to have a partner that’s operating in those markets we have to re-think how we collaborate.”

Plans for Ireland’s Aer Lingus to join Oneworld after its purchase by BA owner International Consolidated Airlines Group SA provide an opportunity for the alliance to simplify the process for integrating new members, he said, though the timing is a matter for IAG and “scoping work” hasn’t yet started.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...market-members

Ber2dca Feb 10, 2017 5:13 pm

When I fly EI it certainly feels like Ireland is one of the markets that skipped the full service airline part of the cycle. ;)

irishguy28 Feb 13, 2017 2:15 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 27892387)
though the timing is a matter for IAG and “scoping work” hasn’t yet started.

If that's true, 2019 would seem to be the earliest realistic re-entry date...

Shamrock103 Feb 15, 2017 8:50 am

On the AerClub FAQ page, there is a topic on Missing Flights.
There is a link there - https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/index.aspx
I am missing 3 Jan 2017 flights, so I have filled them in & saved as it suggests.
Hopefully they improve the system, & it is not necessary to cross check the statement all the time.

krefe Feb 16, 2017 4:38 am

Originally Posted by alancostello (Post 27890521)
They just replied to me on Twitter telling me it was live and included the link themselves, it seems to be legit! But as you said no conformation at the end either.

They replied the following, after I asked when they will credit my Tier. Anyone got any luckier?

"We will capture your data as submitted however the Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub. We will inform all our members once the retro claims have been processed and it will be available for view on your online profile.

To avoid having to wait on award for future bookings please include your AerClub number at the time of booking to ensure the Tier Credits and Avios points are automatically credited to your account once flown."

alancostello Feb 16, 2017 5:07 am

Originally Posted by krefe (Post 27916594)
They replied the following, after I asked when they will credit my Tier. Anyone got any luckier?

"We will capture your data as submitted however the Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub. We will inform all our members once the retro claims have been processed and it will be available for view on your online profile.

To avoid having to wait on award for future bookings please include your AerClub number at the time of booking to ensure the Tier Credits and Avios points are automatically credited to your account once flown."

I got essentially the same, and I don't like the little dig at the end about including your AerClub number, as I know I did(I still have the ticket), and I'm sure most did too. Their system is in error here, not the customer. I actually rang trying to get it credited too as I'll be due Silver from flights in the next two weeks, and they just directed me to the form with no ETA.

Bojack Horseman Feb 23, 2017 4:56 am

Originally Posted by alancostello (Post 27890639)
Beyond that, they give no time frame for when it will be added to the account. "these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub."

My CDG-DUB flight from a month ago hasn't credited, which means it'll be another trip without the benefits I'm entitled to before I actually get my status(assuming the rest of my flights credit). Given how long Phase 1 took(and is still taking to get right), what hope do we have for phase 2?

I've 3 CDG-DUB flights since start of Jan, none credited yet. All DUB-CDG are up on the system though.

With Gold Circle CDG-DUB flights were always very hit and miss as to whether they'd be picked up automatically or not.

Shamrock103 Feb 24, 2017 4:28 am

Just saw on my AerClub account, 2 of my 3 missing flights have been credited with Avios & tier points, following my filling out the missing flights online form. It took almost 2 weeks for them to process. Not sure why the 3rd one was not done?

irishguy28 Feb 24, 2017 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Ber2dca (Post 27893268)
When I fly EI it certainly feels like Ireland is one of the markets that skipped the full service airline part of the cycle. ;)

That's unfair...and untrue. It's not all that long since the days of business class cabins on all flights, the FAs pressing those little bottles of champagne on you when you were leaving the plane [my first job after college would fly us back and forth to Heathrow in business class]

Ireland was the first European market to be fully exposed to the LCC revolution.

DELLAS Feb 24, 2017 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Ber2dca (Post 27893268)

To be honest when EI do well the flights are great at the moment. BOB was the only way to go and suited the Irish market due to pressure from FR. The Irish have got over their adversity to LCC years ago and the FR phobia. EI had to compete in an aggressive market at the time even before BA started to feel the pressures it currently does in the UK market.

I used to fly Premier weekly on EI European routes back in the day and yes it was great and 100% full service but EI would not be around today had it opted to keep that model.

My only gripe with EI at the moment is the complete balls up of AerClub which is degrading the brand among many. They really dropped the ball on this one and continues to be a nightmare to the thousands that are effected.

No PR recovery and people being ignored. Skytrax 4* ? They should loose one star due to AerClub alone :mad:

irishguy28 Feb 24, 2017 6:16 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 27951709)
My only gripe with EI at the moment is the complete balls up of AerClub which is degrading the brand among many. They really dropped the ball on this one and continues to be a nightmare to the thousands that are effected.

I couldn't agree more. I've never really had a bad word to say about Aer Lingus in the past - but the rollout of Aer Club has been an incredibly bad mark on their image.

They should not have closed Gold Circle when they did. And they should not have "opened" Aer Club before it was ready.

And it's not even as if I was personally impacted by it [I didn't have status in Gold Circle, and tend to fly only sporadically on EI these days, and usually in the cheapest fare classes that give nothing in BA so I never come close to getting status with them. Hurry up oneworld! I want my BA status to count on EI, and my EI flights to count for status with BA :D]. If I had been "robbed" of status as many people have, I would be furious...

alancostello Feb 24, 2017 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Shamrock103 (Post 27951599)
Just saw on my AerClub account, 2 of my 3 missing flights have been credited with Avios & tier points, following my filling out the missing flights online form. It took almost 2 weeks for them to process. Not sure why the 3rd one was not done?

Mind if I ask when the flights were taken/from where? Just trying to see if there's a pattern/process we can discern

Ber2dca Feb 24, 2017 12:59 pm

I'm not disputing that Aer Lingus simply responded to the market pressures. Perhaps they didn't entirely skip the full service phase of the market, but it certainly was an abbreviated phase in Ireland.

To be honest, I'm typically only 1 to 2 hours on Aer Lingus planes so I can tolerate the (lack of) service, but I still wish they had a short-haul product of some sort that makes it feel less like a Ryanair that flies to hubs.

DELLAS Feb 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ber2dca (Post 27953550)
I'm not disputing that Aer Lingus simply responded to the market pressures. Perhaps they didn't entirely skip the full service phase of the market, but it certainly was an abbreviated phase in Ireland.

To be honest, I'm typically only 1 to 2 hours on Aer Lingus planes so I can tolerate the (lack of) service, but I still wish they had a short-haul product of some sort that makes it feel less like a Ryanair that flies to hubs.

I think Aer Space would have solved that like a I2 model but of course that seems shelved. We may see it of some guise in future on routes that warrant it. At the moment you can select seats up front , get priority boarding and buy lounge access so it is a DIY experience. Of course Aer Club Silver will get you that and for not too many Tier points. Just add the components you want. I would have to disagree if you are saying the cabin crew and aircraft interiors are LCC. I actually think those are their good points.

Dambus Feb 25, 2017 5:44 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 27951641)
That's unfair...and untrue. It's not all that long since the days of business class cabins on all flights, the FAs pressing those little bottles of champagne on you when you were leaving the plane [my first job after college would fly us back and forth to Heathrow in business.

Short haul Premier was indeed an excellent service - felt much more warm and human that short haul C on other carriers into Dublin, but I might be biased....

As for the small bottles of Piper - I remember New Year's parties in Amsterdam (where I lived after college) fully stocked thanks to EI!

DELLAS Feb 25, 2017 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 27956101)

As for the small bottles of Piper - I remember New Year's parties in Amsterdam (where I lived after college) fully stocked thanks to EI!

Years ago back in the days of A330 service to BFS from SNN I used to sometimes pop down to the Bunratty Hotel for the weekend. It was only £59 return. Being Gold Circle they always sat me in Premier as there was no lounge in BFS. 35 mins flight but light food plate served with smoked salmon and champagne ( big bottle ) in Waterford Crystal glasses. I remember once a bottle was opened a 1/4 of it was left and I declined the rest. The crew member said ''Well Im not throwing it down the drain and proceeded to pour the rest into my glass''. Sometimes arms can be twisted. :D

Shamrock103 Feb 27, 2017 1:30 am

Hi Dellas, one from LPA on Jan 3rd 2017, & a Man return on Feb 8th 2017.

Dambus Apr 3, 2017 6:35 am

Originally Posted by krefe (Post 27889207)
Folks,

Enjoy!

They really seem to have gone backwards on this...

Since the beginning of this year over 50% of my flights have not credited automatically while the call center seems to have lost any influence and just refers to the missing flight from on-line. It used to take a 5 min phone call to get missing flights credited. :(

Drums Apr 3, 2017 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 28122368)
They really seem to have gone backwards on this...

Since the beginning of this year over 50% of my flights have not credited automatically while the call center seems to have lost any influence and just refers to the missing flight from on-line. It used to take a 5 min phone call to get missing flights credited. :(

Are you seeing any pattern?

From what I can tell most of inbound journeys from Europe are not crediting. Everything out of Dublin does.

D6chap Apr 3, 2017 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Drums (Post 28123118)

From what I can tell most of inbound journeys from Europe are not crediting. Everything out of Dublin does.

Since roll out most of my outbound DUB flights are credited and consistently zero of the inbound ones are!

Dambus Apr 3, 2017 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Drums (Post 28123118)

No particular pattern. All my flights are long haul and I am missing a random combination of Y/C legs both inbound and outbound.

The only consistent failure to post is around Y upgraded to C legs - 0/3 at the moment.

krefe Apr 3, 2017 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 28123530)
No particular pattern. All my flights are long haul and I am missing a random combination of Y/C legs both inbound and outbound.

The only consistent failure to post is around Y upgraded to C legs - 0/3 at the moment.

i see that only flights from US or Dublin are credited. No update so far. So frustrating..

alancostello Apr 4, 2017 3:00 am

All flights that depart Dublin, or come from the UK, seem to work for me. Had a flight from AMS last night, will be interested to see if it'll post.

Drums Apr 4, 2017 6:23 am

Definetley a problem with the outstations sounds like to me. Doubt that will be fixed anytime soon.

alancostello Apr 4, 2017 6:52 am

The system seems to be changing too. At the launch of AerClub I'd get the points 14-21 days after the return journey, and both legs would post together. But now it seems to post 3-5 days after each leg and they post separately. In general I suppose it's an improvement, but I'd sooner have it work reliably for all flights(even if it takes longer), than work quicker but only for some flights.

DELLAS Apr 4, 2017 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Drums (Post 28127231)
Definetley a problem with the outstations sounds like to me. Doubt that will be fixed anytime soon.

Im the opposite . Out stations working DUB not. :rolleyes:

ferg01 Apr 4, 2017 10:30 am

The only flights that aren't posting for me are the inbound to Dublin from the random UK locations I fly to / from. Very frustrating online form also.

MBDublin Apr 5, 2017 4:40 am

Has anybody got credits as a result of submitting the missing flights form. My inwards flights are not crediting and I have submitted forms as long as 6 weeks ago with no subsequent credits.

Tom_IE Apr 5, 2017 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by MBDublin (Post 28131711)
Has anybody got credits as a result of submitting the missing flights form. My inwards flights are not crediting and I have submitted forms as long as 6 weeks ago with no subsequent credits.

No same here missing a few flight and claimed on the form but they still haven't credited.

It is a poorly designed form and not at all clear what information you need to fill in.

Dambus Apr 7, 2017 8:55 am

Originally Posted by MBDublin (Post 28131711)

Nothing yet - but only submitted 3 weeks ago.

ROKNA Apr 9, 2017 12:24 pm

Nothing here at all, missing 70 points

The pattern is getting clearer, check in at a airport IE, UK, CA, US, NL it works, thats Astral DCS as you will get a EI brand boarding card. AMS was moved to Astral when EI stopped using KLM to handle them in AMS

Anywhere else it doesn't seem to work, confirmed based on my travel and colleagues LIS, DUS, TXL, FRA, MAD

MAD used to work prior to the AC transition

Could be helpful to build up a list of location vs DCS in use

Another possible issue is how the system matches your name and FF number, there is a check to make sure the name and number match and this can trip things up, if you have a middle name or title