FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Missing Flight Form - Finally! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1820898-missing-flight-form-finally.html)

krefe Apr 3, 2017 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 28123530)
No particular pattern. All my flights are long haul and I am missing a random combination of Y/C legs both inbound and outbound.

The only consistent failure to post is around Y upgraded to C legs - 0/3 at the moment.

i see that only flights from US or Dublin are credited. No update so far. So frustrating..

alancostello Apr 4, 2017 3:00 am

All flights that depart Dublin, or come from the UK, seem to work for me. Had a flight from AMS last night, will be interested to see if it'll post.

Drums Apr 4, 2017 6:23 am

Definetley a problem with the outstations sounds like to me. Doubt that will be fixed anytime soon.

alancostello Apr 4, 2017 6:52 am

The system seems to be changing too. At the launch of AerClub I'd get the points 14-21 days after the return journey, and both legs would post together. But now it seems to post 3-5 days after each leg and they post separately. In general I suppose it's an improvement, but I'd sooner have it work reliably for all flights(even if it takes longer), than work quicker but only for some flights.

DELLAS Apr 4, 2017 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Drums (Post 28127231)
Definetley a problem with the outstations sounds like to me. Doubt that will be fixed anytime soon.

Im the opposite . Out stations working DUB not. :rolleyes:

ferg01 Apr 4, 2017 10:30 am

The only flights that aren't posting for me are the inbound to Dublin from the random UK locations I fly to / from. Very frustrating online form also.

MBDublin Apr 5, 2017 4:40 am

Has anybody got credits as a result of submitting the missing flights form. My inwards flights are not crediting and I have submitted forms as long as 6 weeks ago with no subsequent credits.

Tom_IE Apr 5, 2017 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by MBDublin (Post 28131711)
Has anybody got credits as a result of submitting the missing flights form. My inwards flights are not crediting and I have submitted forms as long as 6 weeks ago with no subsequent credits.

No same here missing a few flight and claimed on the form but they still haven't credited.

It is a poorly designed form and not at all clear what information you need to fill in.

Dambus Apr 7, 2017 8:55 am

Originally Posted by MBDublin (Post 28131711)

Nothing yet - but only submitted 3 weeks ago.

ROKNA Apr 9, 2017 12:24 pm

Nothing here at all, missing 70 points

The pattern is getting clearer, check in at a airport IE, UK, CA, US, NL it works, thats Astral DCS as you will get a EI brand boarding card. AMS was moved to Astral when EI stopped using KLM to handle them in AMS

Anywhere else it doesn't seem to work, confirmed based on my travel and colleagues LIS, DUS, TXL, FRA, MAD

MAD used to work prior to the AC transition

Could be helpful to build up a list of location vs DCS in use

Another possible issue is how the system matches your name and FF number, there is a check to make sure the name and number match and this can trip things up, if you have a middle name or title

D6chap Apr 10, 2017 8:17 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA (Post 28150930)
Nothing here at all, missing 70 points

The pattern is getting clearer, check in at a airport IE, UK, CA, US, NL it works, thats Astral DCS as you will get a EI brand boarding card. AMS was moved to Astral when EI stopped using KLM to handle them in AMS

Anywhere else it doesn't seem to work, confirmed based on my travel and colleagues LIS, DUS, TXL, FRA, MAD

MAD used to work prior to the AC transition

Could be helpful to build up a list of location vs DCS in use

Another possible issue is how the system matches your name and FF number, there is a check to make sure the name and number match and this can trip things up, if you have a middle name or title

This doesn't explain web or app check-ins though, or does it?
(BRU nor LIN work, will see if LGW works in a day or two)

ROKNA Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am

Web check in ultimately ends up going through the checkin DCS used at the airport

So if do DUS DUB online, Astral checks you in on the PNR (not Astral DCS), the PNR list is then dumped into the DCS in DUS 4.5-2.4 hours before departure

The check in list from the DCS is then imported into AC/GC. This is when the name vs ff number is checked. Lets just say the DCS in DUS (and MUC/HAM) is ancient and even says I have a paper ticket

Tom_IE Apr 12, 2017 3:30 am

Not sure if this text has changed but looks like missing flights will be added in the next phase of Aerclub.

We will capture your data as submitted however the Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub. We will inform all our members once the retro claims have been processed and it will be available for view on your online profile.

DELLAS Apr 12, 2017 3:45 am

On Social Media they are saying up to 2 months as well as ''Next phase''. Bit of a disaster for people who are missing their flights and would be Silver or above when they get them. In the meantime they are denied their lounge access,Priority boarding etc...

Dambus Apr 12, 2017 4:25 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 28166492)
On Social Media they are saying up to 2 months as well as ''Next phase''. Bit of a disaster for people who are missing their flights and would be Silver or above when they get them. In the meantime they are denied their lounge access,Priority boarding etc...

Wow. Just wow.

Missing Avios will also keep redemptions down and the EI balance sheet looking a little healthier.

:(