Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Interlining baggage between EI and FlyBE on separate tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I've got a flight from BOS-DUB (with EI) and DUB-EXT (with FlyBe) next week.

The flights are on separate tickets but both have checked baggage allowance.

Do you think that the EI check-in agents in BOS will interline a bag all the way to EXT? Is it likely if I ask nicely?

I believe that this is done when the flights are all on the same ticket as EI and BE have a codeshare agreement.

There is a 6 hour layout between flights and I don't think EI allow bag drop until a few hours before hence why interlining the bags would mean I don't have to sit landside for a few hours feeling groggy.

Simon.
Old May 21, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Separate tickets? No.

Originally Posted by aerlingus.com
https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/baggage-information/checked-baggage/

Baggage with Other Airlines

We’ll happily through-check you and your baggage onto any airline with a baggage agreement in place. This can only happen if you’ve documentation of the itinerary showing Aer Lingus and the partner carrier flights on the same ticket.
No harm in asking in BOS, just be prepared.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I have the same question in the other direction - EXT-CDG on flybe connecting to Aegean to Crete. I have emailed Flybe to ask. Will reply if they do.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by fairhsa
I have the same question in the other direction - EXT-CDG on flybe connecting to Aegean to Crete. I have emailed Flybe to ask. Will reply if they do.
I'm not sure I see the relevance to Aer Lingus there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.