Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Is Dublin-Miami with 60,000+ searches in 2015 – one for Aer Lingus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

When looking at the last year of searches on Skyscanner.net, the busiest month (for DUB-MIA and MIA-DUB combined) was December 2015 with over 6,500 searches, or nearly twice as much as the lowest monthly figure recorded in February 2015 (3,623). According to OAG Traffic Analyser, because there is no direct DUB-MIA service, the top three connecting options chosen by passengers, who went ahead and did book travel in 2015, were London Heathrow (55%), New York JFK (9.1%) and New York Newark (7.5%).

http://www.anna.aero/2016/02/10/unse...-dublin-miami/

Your thoughts?

-iFlyMIA
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:45 pm

My first thought when I saw this was that its probably skewed by the amount of BA tier point runners and people looking to book the cheap business class fares during the December sale. Though I'm sure it would be a popular route - whether people would pay the premium for the direct flight over the 1 stop is another matter.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:03 am

There was very cheap fares exDUB to MIA on both oneworld and *a starting in December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.