Wiki Posts
Search

Website performance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Website performance

Is anyone having issues with the new website ? I like the style but the speed of loading and login to the GC section is appalling.

I had to clear out my cache to get it back at one point as it would not load in IE but did load in Chrome.

I know it is new and there will be teething issues.....or is this just my equipment ?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Can't say I'm having issues with the speed or performance of the website, seems to run fine for me.

I do have issue, with some missing features & overall user-friendliness compared to the old site however. But I'll leave that for the separate threads I've created.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I don't like the style and I think it's utterly awful, like all (I wish I could say 'some') 'redesigned' websites. Whatever I have tried to do I get an annoying error message. This includes trying to select seats and inputting APIS information for upcoming flights to the States. So I end up calling the pleasant call centre who sort things out for me. And trying to find something that is actually useful, like a timetable showing flight times and aircraft types, is a total waste of time. I am sure some wags will have the answers to all this, but I am singularly unimpressed. So, future EI bookings will be conducted through an OTA, and f at all.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
............. And trying to find something that is actually useful, like a timetable showing flight times and aircraft types, is a total waste of time.
Yes actually, I need to add that to my list of features that are no longer available on the new site
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: AerClub, BAEC.
Originally Posted by kered
Yes actually, I need to add that to my list of features that are no longer available on the new site

You can still access timetables in the 'Plan and Book' section, but like the old site you still need to go through 1st couple of steps of booking process to click on the flight number to view the aircraft type.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by DiegoTristan
You can still access timetables in the 'Plan and Book' section, but like the old site you still need to go through 1st couple of steps of booking process to click on the flight number to view the aircraft type.
Just checked the site & yes indeed the timetables are there under "Plan & Book" ^

I do think that it's recent addition & as I searched around the site last week looking for the timetables & couldn't find them. So maybe they're just been added ^ But then, maybe there were there all the time I just din't find them, age, I'll claim age as an excuse

Now if they could just give me back the seat maps accessible early in booking process, like on the old site
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:30 pm

I believe the website is on a timer so if you do not process your selection within a certain timeframe it's not saved and you have to start all over again. Took me a while to figure it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.