Wiki Posts
Search

Travel with a baby

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Travel with a baby

Hello everyone,

Hoping that some of you may be able to put my wife's mind at rest...

We are flying LGW - DUB on Aer Lingus in September with our daughter who will have just turned 1, the price difference was approx £2 so we have booked her a "child" ticket so that she gets a seat - and therefore we should have a row between us...

1. Will we need to take a car seat on board for her to sit in for take off/landing? Or can we check this and have her sitting on our knees as a "baby"?

2. We're (possibly stupidly) aiming to only take hand luggage... I assume that we could take the equivalent of 3 people's luggage? - And that the main issue we will have is juggling this, a pram (to be checked in at the gate) and a little person?!

Many thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by njm42
and therefore we should have a row between us...
I presume you mean a seat!!!

Have you read this?
http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinfor...ren/#d.en.4562
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:03 am
Original Poster

I meant a row for the 3 of us to share, so yes essentially a seat in the middle with our daughter climbing between us!

Thanks, yes I had seen that page - but on re-reading suggests that we'll be limited to 2 x hand luggage, even though paying for 3 seats?

Will give them a call for confirmation!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:12 pm

check the price of an adult tix for the child if luggage is an issue. You may find it is almost the same as a n adult tix

And please if you are buying a seat for the child in the first place then, please put him/her in the child seat on board. They will be much more secure and they will be used to it. Not totally sure of the rules, but the car seat with child may have to be at window for safety reasons if IIRC from our past.
Prams etc are generally carried FOC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.