Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus, ORK, SNN and DUB workers consider strike action for St Patrick's week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus, ORK, SNN and DUB workers consider strike action for St Patrick's week

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I guess the revised schedule will have to remain:

Dear Customer,

You may be aware that the SIPTU trade union had served notice on Aer Lingus of a planned 4 hour work stoppage to commence Friday 14th March at 5am (Dublin).

Today, 12th March, SIPTU appears to have reached a decision not to progress with the planned stoppage. We have yet to be notified by SIPTU of this apparent decision. Due to the uncertainty created by SIPTU's strike threat Aer Lingus was forced to put a new schedule in place for 14th March. We notified customers of these changes to our schedule on Wednesday 5th March. Our focus was on re-accommodating customers, minimising disruption to their travel plans and providing clarity in relation to our flight schedule.

We are now less than 36 hours from the time of SIPTU's planned work stoppage and have yet to receive clarity from SIPTU on its intentions. We must now progress with the revised schedule as advised to customers on the 5th March. These details are outlined below.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I am amused to see Aer Lingus is to sue SIPTU for damages!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...reat-1.1725298
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I am amused to see Aer Lingus is to sue SIPTU for damages!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...reat-1.1725298
Im overjoyed
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by stifle
As I've said before, EI strikes invariably get called off a day or two beforehand. Nothing to see here.
Well, I was close!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Well, I was close!
Indeed well its a two decades long game. I was spot on the damage was already done and financial losses the same as if the strike went ahead .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.