Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus' new home at LHR T2

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: Meh
So BA Golds cannot use LHR lounge anymore?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IB Slvr, EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
It appears not Stevie. The BA lounge at T1 is fine though, for now at least!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That is quite annoying. I have a couple of complimentary UA lounge passes but it's a pain to go down to T2B, among other things.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Aer Lingus' new home at LHR T2

There is no confirmation at all is there that BA golds and silvers have no access to the new LHR T2 lounge.
It would frankly be bizarre to offer it on ex Dub code shares and not on the ex Lhr code shares on the return journey.

The EI staffer raffles spoke to probably didn't know his eye from his elbow and probably not what a BA card was either .
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

EI lounge staff I spoke to the other day one of whom has 10 years experience with the company and I know well said BA Gold and Silver still have access and the only thing that changed was no guest.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by DELLAS
EI lounge staff I spoke to the other day one of whom has 10 years experience with the company and I know well said BA Gold and Silver still have access and the only thing that changed was no guest.
Good news.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:07 pm

BA Gold access to Aer Lingus Lounge LHR T2

Had no problem with access to Aer Lingus Gold lounge at LHR T2, using BA Gold card. Brought guest in (on same Aer L flight to Shannon) w/o question too. That was mid Aug 2014. Check out the green grass-like carpet over in the far corner!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by AsleepInTheBack
Had no problem with access to Aer Lingus Gold lounge at LHR T2, using BA Gold card. Brought guest in (on same Aer L flight to Shannon) w/o question too. That was mid Aug 2014. Check out the green grass-like carpet over in the far corner!
Thanks for that and welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
I knew it didn't make sense.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

There seems to be confusion and lack of knowledge at the GC lounge in LHR. A mate of mine was refused access with a BA Gold card yesterday.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Spotted in a neighbouring forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...ge-lhr-t2.html
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Hmmmm....something's missing. I think I need to leave it in situ next time I visit the EI lounge @ LHR T2.

http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Prev...4c04Larger.jpg
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
There seems to be confusion and lack of knowledge at the GC lounge in LHR. A mate of mine was refused access with a BA Gold card yesterday.
was he or she flying LHR-DUB on EI?

BA status only gets you into the EI lounge if you're on a flight that BA code shares with EI on.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zkzkz
was he or she flying LHR-DUB on EI?
Yes very regular flyer on the route.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by AsleepInTheBack
Update on travel to Cork in March 2015 was they would not let a guest in but we twisted their arm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.