Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

New route, mileage information unavailable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,

Curious if anybody has booked on a route that is not yet operating and noticed that it shows no mileage information. I booked SKG-AMS and noticed that the confirmation email doesn't mention how many miles I would receive. I decided to check the calculator and it says that the route doesn't exist. I am hoping that this is typical for upcoming routes and not some bizarre charter situation or something? I mean, email says operated by Aegean, so I would hope it is just an error...
Old May 8, 2024, 9:25 am

When did you book for? There is a direct flight for when you booked? At the time of booking, the miles are displayed.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by ariadgr_
When did you book for? There is a direct flight for when you booked? At the time of booking, the miles are displayed.
The route seems to begin at the end of October. If the miles were displayed when booking, I would not have made this post. Ha. The Lufthansa route shows the mileage but the Aegean only nonstop flight does not. Again, I am guessing this is some glitch because the route doesn't currently exist and perhaps they haven't put the number of miles into the system yet or something, but was curious if this is common with new routes.

Old May 8, 2024, 11:16 am

Lol, those prices on November 2nd ​​​​​​
Business class prices drop by 25 as of November (and then comfort flex costs more than non-basic business).
​​​​​​
Old May 8, 2024, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Interesting development for the AMS route. It looks like that during the winter they will split the 2 daily slots at AMS between ATH and SKG, instead of solely ATH.

Still, an improvement over last winter where Aegean would scale back to 1 daily flight to Greece (from AMS).

Prices are a little wacky still, but those will come down. 116 euro for a one way in K class, means that the lower fare classes will be substantially cheaper once loaded. Adding an extra segment SKG-ATH does increase the price quite a bit, but also that will get better once more fares are loaded I presume.
AlwaysFlyStar and giorginho like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 12:33 pm

Programs: A3 *G
But that's not a direct flight. A3 532 is SKG-FRA. That probably explains why the miles aren't shown as A3 have no control of how many LH will give you for FRA-AMS (spolier - probably ZERO).

EDIT: I thought you booked the top one in your graphic. Knowing Aegean, they probably just haven't got around to updating the mileage calculator. It's hardly a shock. You can get a good estimation of the mileage using something like Great Circle Mapper, which says 1185 miles. then apply the know percentages depending on the booking class.
Jamichi1 likes this.

Last edited by Knobbgb; May 9, 2024 at 1:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.