Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

TP booking numbers, but Air Portugalia metal - will I get Miles + Bonus TPs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024 | 7:59 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

I have booked a RT Exec class (LIS-MAN) with TAP flight numbers. However, I just noticed the E190 Flights are with Air Portugalia. The Exec booking classes are Z and J.

Since the flights are on Air Portugalia metal, would I still get the 200% TP and miles from a "normal" TAP flight (ie on TAP metal) applied to my A3 Miles + Bonus account?
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 9:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
30 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I do not have any direct experience, however I would guestimate yes. TP 1313 is operated by Air Portugalia, while TP 1363 is operated by TAP themselves (LHR-LIS). This makes me believe that this is not some kind of special charter or codeshare flight (Typically those would use different flight number ranges). Most likely its a wetlease which should then earn with M+B.

However if somebody has actual experience flying TP operated by Air Portugalia that would be better. You may also want to search other *A programme subforums (e.g. Miles & More) to see if there are any reports of these earning or not. If they earn for other programmes they will likely also for M+B.
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 9:31 am

Programs: A3 Gold, *A Gold
Yep, this will be credited to M&B.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 12:42 pm

Hi. There isn't an exclusion according to the site, so you would get these.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024 | 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

I flew CMN-LIS last year, another Portugalia flight, and everything posted just fine. It's an arrangement like Cityflyer with the BA brand than anything more wacky.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024 | 2:49 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Portugalia is the regional subsidiary of TAP operating flights as TAP Express and occupies a position analogous to that of LH's Cityline subsidiary.

For earning purposes it is treated the same as TAP
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024 | 5:41 am
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited2M15 Years on Site

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Portugalia is TP's regional carrier. In practice, they are one and the same. Portuglia does not market their own flights.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024 | 9:29 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

It seems TAP has become deceitful. My two (upgraded) booking classes clearly show C class - which when put into the A3 miles and bonus system would give me a lot of TPs. However, it seems TAP sent erronious/false info to A3. My two flights were allocated P class, which gave me less than 500 TPs each.

i have complained to TAP on their site and it is still "under analysis". In addition, I have complained on the official Portugal government "livros des reclamaes" site about the deceitful nature of TAP, regarding booking classes. I included scans of both boarding passes (clearly showing booking classes C) and a screenshot of my A3 Miles&Bonus account showing booking classes P with only 490 TPs allocated for each flight.

I upgraded specifically to get TPs to help maintain my A3 *G status. Now I wait TAP's proper class (and TP) allocation. Unfortunately, I am not holding my breath with TAP. They seem to have become two-faced and deceitful lately - as compared to past experiences.
Old Apr 3, 2024 | 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tmac100
It seems TAP has become deceitful. My two (upgraded) booking classes clearly show C class - which when put into the A3 miles and bonus system would give me a lot of TPs. However, it seems TAP sent erronious/false info to A3. My two flights were allocated P class, which gave me less than 500 TPs each.

On TAP, it is not the "class" that counts, but the Fare Family. TAP uses the following fare families: Discount, Classic, Basic, Plus, Executive, Top Executive. It is not the "fare class" that dictates what you earn, and most fare classes can be issued in most of these fare families.

The end result is, of course, that you never know exactly what you will earn in other *A programs, who still show an old-style class-based earning table. Some behind-the-scenes mapping is performed to "convert" the TAP ticket you had (for which "C" is effectively meaningless) into a new earning code.

The regulars here have learned not to rely on TAP if you're looking for a specific Tier Mile amount to nail down (re-)qualification.

Earning rates on TAP
Attached Images  
Old Apr 3, 2024 | 10:37 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Yup seems that sticking with A3 will be the way to get needed TPs.
Old Apr 4, 2024 | 1:42 pm
5 Years on Site

it's a P booking class code, this topic has been discussed here on forum several times.... next time read forum before buy the TAP upgrade (until the earning chart is updated). Unfortunately I think there is nothing you can do from my point of view
tmac100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.