Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who/how to contact?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:02 am
1P
Original Poster

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Who/how to contact?

The post-flight survey having only three questions relating to how well the crew performed, I'm interested to know who I should speak to regarding recent flight problems.

Travelling in biz from London, pre-ordered and confirmed meals were not loaded for me and Mrs 1P. The FA said she would file a report, but I have little confidence that this actually happened.

On arrival at our final destination, my checked bag did not arrive. These things happen -- judging from the expedited bag tag, my bag never left London at all. I strongly suspect the reason for that is that the check-in agent at LHR was being distracted by two other colleagues who were talking across me, arguing, .....ing and moaning, etc, and so she did not attach the tag properly and it was torn off in the baggage transit system. My wife's bag made it safely; mine was delivered a day and a half after arrival (email messages indicate it took them 24 hours to locate it). The check-in agents were wearing Swissport badges, and so presumably contract employees, not actual employees of the airline. Not very professional behaviour, whoever they were.

During the wait to hear if the bag had been located, I bought a small amount of clothing (less than 50 euros), which I assume I can claim back from the airline. Is compensation due for any of this in addition?

Any info on the best way to proceed would be welcome!
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 1P
During the wait to hear if the bag had been located, I bought a small amount of clothing (less than 50 euros), which I assume I can claim back from the airline.
Yes.

Lodge a request for reimbursement using this form ("type of communication": Request; "Category": Baggage/First needs expenses), and include a scan/high quality photograph of the receipt.

Originally Posted by 1P
Is compensation due for any of this in addition?
No; late delivery of baggage does not involve a statutory or legal obligation to any additional compensation.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:38 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
If you additionally want to send feedback on airline/handlers/crew performance (both positive and negative) there are webforms available.

Go to https://en.aegeanair.com/contact, scroll towards the bottom of the page, and you'll see three separate links - Compliment, Suggest and e-mail.

E-mail tries to tie you down to a single issue, although it does specifically mention complaints.

In your situation of multiple things going wrong through your journey, I think you'd be better going for Suggest and writing a succinct account covering everything.
giorginho likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by 1P
Travelling in biz from London, pre-ordered and confirmed meals were not loaded for me and Mrs 1P. The FA said she would file a report, but I have little confidence that this actually happened.

The check-in agents were wearing Swissport badges, and so presumably contract employees, not actual employees of the airline. Not very professional behaviour, whoever they were.
I had the same problem with a pre-ordered meal a couple of months ago, it was reported and I was awarded triple miles for the flight. I didn't ask for anything it just happened. It took about three weeks.

Swissport ground staff are probably the least motivated LHR employees, they are poorly paid and work pretty awful shifts. That doesn't excuse bad behaviour. I haven't seen any Aegean personnel at LHR for a while but I may just not have noticed, they often have someone around check in or at the gate, just speak to them, they are always helpful if they are there. If not and you are concerned, speak to the person at the time, it's better than losing your bag!
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:35 am
1P
Original Poster

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Many thanks for these suggestions. Claim form and comments have both been submitted.

We have pre-ordered meals on another upcoming flight in biz and wait with interest to see if these are actually loaded this time.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:57 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I had missed that your flight was from LHR, but this is a bit of a fyi in case it's referenced by A3 when they reply to you.

There was an emergency tunnel closure near T4 recently which severely impacted the catering operation. Many BA flights went out without any catering loaded at all because the trucks simply couldn't get to the aircraft, but all airlines were affected to some degree. A few days ago it was still an issue, but I've not been through for a week to verify if it's still ongoing.

Now I'd have thought if some catering reached your flight then all of it should have done, but I don't know if there are other factors in play which mean full loading wasn't possible and therefore anything different from standard didn't happen.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:22 am

Aegean don't load catering at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.