Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Child's meal in business class, any experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2023, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium

Hi all,

We're flying with A3 next week and I'm starting to think about pre-ordering meals which got me wondering whether I should choose one of the normal options or book a child's meal for our 5 year old. She is slightly fussy but not overly so and I'm sure we can make the adult meals work somehow but I was wondering whether any of you have recent experience with the children's meals in J class. The problem is that she doesn't like anything breaded like chicken nuggets or fish fingers so children's meals often don't work for her. I found some info on the catering thread but the latest pic I found was from 2018. If anyone has any insights as to what they are currently serving, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:24 am

Late June (2023) as I described here... (unfortunately I didn't take a picture of that particular meal)
PS. Back on board: I had also pre-ordered one children's menu, which consisted of a cold platter with slices of ham or turkey and a hot dish of some pasta (like very small ring-shaped) with minced meat. The kids certainly enjoyed that one and it too went great with the graviera. But no kid's juice, like Amita or such was served.
My kids were at the time just over 2 years old, but I'm confident this will also work for your 5yo. Of course, if you hit "breakfast" it might be a very different meal.
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:35 am
Original Poster

That sounds good. Yes, pasta would work. I'll check the adult meal options and decide based on those I think. Interestingly, the same meal choices are offered on FRA-SKG and SKG-LCA so we could try our way through the whole menu. On the way back, we do indeed have a breakfast flight from ATH to FRA so that makes me think too. If I remember rightly, one of the adult meal options was pancakes of some type, which she would love. Thanks for your insight. It's made the decision making process much clearer.
AlwaysFlyStar and giorginho like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
That sounds good. Yes, pasta would work. I'll check the adult meal options and decide based on those I think. Interestingly, the same meal choices are offered on FRA-SKG and SKG-LCA so we could try our way through the whole menu. On the way back, we do indeed have a breakfast flight from ATH to FRA so that makes me think too. If I remember rightly, one of the adult meal options was pancakes of some type, which she would love. Thanks for your insight. It's made the decision making process much clearer.
Maybe you could report back with photos afterwards? Have some friends who would be interested to know how the child's meal looks.
giorginho and gpb_croppers63 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I shall definitely do so if I go for the childrens meal in the end.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Childs meal live

Hello from A3531.

Heres a picture of the childs meal that we got today:

Daughter was very impressed and is still munching away slowly. Its a huge portion though! Ill post this and the adults meal to the catering thread for reference too.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 8:08 am

Nice! Apart from the dessert and the cookie (dessert was also the same!), this is pretty much exactly what was served to us too . Told you it'd be a hit , you were also lucky your flight was by just 11 minutes a "lunch" and not a "breakfast" flight

Last edited by giorginho; Sep 14, 2023 at 8:14 am
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by giorginho
Nice! Apart from the dessert and the cookie (dessert was also the same!), this is pretty much exactly what was served to us too . Told you it'd be a hit , you were also lucky your flight was by just 11 minutes a "lunch" and not a "breakfast" flight
Well see what the breakfast is on the way home. Ill update this thread accordingly. 😉
giorginho likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 1:19 am
Original Poster

And just to round this thread off, here are the childrens meals on LCA-ATH (dinner) and ATH-FRA (breakfast):

Very impressed overall. Even with the breakfast.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.