Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Apparently Aegean is sending messages through Viber?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2023 | 5:15 am
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,

Random question, as I was rather confused. But yesterday, I got a message from Aegean in the Viber messaging app. To be honest, I didn't even remember that I had this app on my phone and was surprised to get a notification on it. Was even more surprised to see it was a random message from Aegean.
To be fair, it was information that I didn't know, as I thought that Gold members only received the text & surf package, but apparently they have changed that, so that is nice and was pleasant enough information.
To be fair, I have Viber because it seems ubiquitous in Greece, so makes enough sense I guess. But I have been gold for years and had viber for years, but this is first time I have received a message from Aegean there and curious if others also received and also if this is new or something they have done for a while and I just never received before.
Old Jul 22, 2023 | 6:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
30 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm not surprised as Viber is a fairly popular app in Greece, more so than Whatsapp for example. Many online platforms use Viber to communicate.

The news about Gold being able to use the Stream package for free is great though. That's a nice benefit, especially now that more and more aircraft are equipped with WiFi.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jul 23, 2023 at 4:01 am
Old Jul 22, 2023 | 9:29 am
50 Countries Visited1M40 Nights15 Years on Site

Yes got that also not really a fan of Viber but my Greek family use it so kind of forced to .
AlwaysFlyStar and KATERGOO like this.
Old Jul 22, 2023 | 1:24 pm
50 Countries Visited100k5 Years on Site

Programs: A3
The same in Bulgaria. Viber is the most popular communicator here. As I see I received my first message from Aegean back in March '20
​​
KATERGOO and AlwaysFlyStar like this.
Old Jul 23, 2023 | 1:31 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Well as a Gold member, I was unaware of free internet package I was entitled to.
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023 | 6:11 am
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Well as a Gold member, I was unaware of free internet package I was entitled to.
Pretty sure it is new. When I flew in June, it was still telling me that the text and surf plan was free for golds and the stream plan was free for business.
Mrp Alert likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.