Search

Aegean Comfortflex change

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2023 | 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, Qantas frequent flyer
Question Aegean Comfortflex change

Hi
We booked ComfortFlex JTR > ATH on an early flight. I'd like to change to a later flight on the same day.
When we booked there was a small circled i with information that we could change on the same day without charge or fare difference.
But if I go in to make a change to the booking it wasn't the fare difference.
Also on all the info on the Aegean site it says it's free but you have to pay the fare difference.

Does anyone know how to get the "without charge or fare difference" offer?

Thank you very much.
Old Jul 12, 2023 | 10:58 pm
20 Years on Site

Do you have a screeshot of the small circled i with information that we could change on the same day without charge or fare difference. It, indeed it is like you say, everybody could book the cheaper flight and then, even two minutes later, change to the more expensive one without paying the difference for the fare. I can't believe that they made such a mistake...
Old Jul 12, 2023 | 11:09 pm
Original Poster

The first photo shows you the ComfortFlex i button in the circle. When you hover over it it gives you the dropdown box in the second photo.

I'm not trying to get a cheaper fare. I am trying to change the time of the flight on the same day in the same category that I bought ages ago. There are 10 flights (just with Aegean) from JTR > ATH each day. I assume they aren't all full.

Last edited by bngood; Jul 12, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Old Jul 12, 2023 | 11:21 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: A3*G
Well, I understand that once check-in opens (48h before the (later?) flight) you can choose to check-in for the other flight instead of the booked flight. I haven't used it yet. Though, I would like to do so soon, but was told that it wouldn't work on connecting flights (not mentioned anywhere...). Some users here have experience with this option, I think.
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2023 | 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Arrivals. Oh great. Thank you very much. So I just wait till check-in opens. That sounds sensible because by then the airline will just want to fill seats.
It mentions at the bottom of the drop down box "direct flights only". Mine is a direct flight. Separately booked.
I don't see any mention of connecting flights in the rules.
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023 | 1:58 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Arrivals
Well, I understand that once check-in opens (48h before the (later?) flight) you can choose to check-in for the other flight instead of the booked flight.
Originally Posted by bngood
So I just wait till check-in opens.
Wrong! This benefit exists as long as "Comfort Flex" does and it allows for completely free "same day" changes (it reads "change... within the same day")!
You have to wait until midnight, or perhaps 00:01 or so, of the day your booked flight is set to depart and only from that point can you change for free!
I also don't think it's possible via "manage booking" (or "my booking" however it's called) but, as it states in the little pop up window, only in the app or online check-in.
Of course you run the risk that the flight is full by then, so it's up to you.
AlwaysFlyStar and KATERGOO like this.
Old Jul 13, 2023 | 2:35 am
Original Poster

giorginho,
Oh that's a bit more annoying. I will give it a go on the day, though.
I will stick with the flights we have if necessary. It is over $250 pp to change them now.
Thank you.
KATERGOO and giorginho like this.
Old Jul 13, 2023 | 11:32 am

delete
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I am following up on this thread, has anyone used the comfortflex same day flight change successfully with no fare difference? Does it need any specific fare class availability to work, or as long as there is even one seat for sale, it will be available after midnight the day of the flight? Any success with this, especially on the ATH-LHR flights? Is this legit or are there any shenanigans?
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 4:53 pm
Original Poster

We didnt end up doing it. I looked into it but I was worried one of us would get a seat on the later flight and the other wouldnt. It all seemed very difficult and last minute. We had to book a taxi the night before so we just decided to go on our booked flight.

our friends didnt want to change either.
nk15 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024 | 11:18 pm
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by nk15
I am following up on this thread, has anyone used the comfortflex same day flight change successfully with no fare difference? Does it need any specific fare class availability to work, or as long as there is even one seat for sale, it will be available after midnight the day of the flight? Any success with this, especially on the ATH-LHR flights? Is this legit or are there any shenanigans?
I've mentioned this before a couple of times, I did this in September 2021 on SKG-ATH.
In fact, because the process of changing to the earlier flight was so quick, I actually did it unintentionally (I was only checking to see what the process would look like, but the whole thing was like 1-2 clicks!) and I then had to use the benefit a 2nd time to change back to the flight I actually wanted (so yeah, there's that data point too, more than 1 changes allowed, if they haven't changed anything in the meantime).
I don't believe, that in my case there was only one single seat left for sale, but why would more than one be required? There's nothing in the T&Cs that states there should be more than one available (and there's also no mention afaik about how many times you're allowed to use the benefit for a specific flight).
nk15 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024 | 5:23 am
a.p

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by nk15
I tried using it on a CDG-ATH last Thursday, and no option showed up on the check-in page at 00.01 (either Greece time or France time). I called support right away which agreed something was iffy but couldn't do anything because the real support is closed at that time in the night (1.30 am greek time, fair).

So i was told to call again at opening hours (from 7 am onward greek time), which i did, and after 20' (3' of explaining i had right to do this for free and 15' of waiting on line while they were looking at how to accomplish this complicated deed), they managed to move my flight to the later one.

In the end, a lot of hassle (updating the check-in page for hours, calls late at night and early in the morning) and stress (there were only 3 seats left to buy on the later flight i wanted) for something that's advertised as quite simple.
nk15 and lio13 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024 | 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Thanks, this was my suspicion, but at least we know what to expect and be prepared for some hassle, if we go that route. It sounds it is not very common and the processes are not always automated, which is not good.

Originally Posted by a.p
In the end, a lot of hassle (updating the check-in page for hours, calls late at night and early in the morning) and stress (there were only 3 seats left to buy on the later flight i wanted) for something that's advertised as quite simple.
My concern/suspicion is that the airline may be holding the last few tickets for sale, maybe the last 3 or so, and not releasing them online for the free same day change, so you have to call in and push them to do that. This is just speculation, but consistent with the two data points above. Or, maybe the latter one was a rare glitch.

Last edited by nk15; Feb 11, 2024 at 7:53 am
Old Feb 11, 2024 | 8:33 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by a.p
I tried using it on a CDG-ATH last Thursday, and no option showed up on the check-in page...
What "check-in page" would that be? Did you try the Aegean app? This isn't supposed to work on a desktop browser (laptop/PC/Mac or even mobile phone using the desktop version of a browser)...
In the app it should show up right away when you check your flight. Perhaps it won't activate immediately at 00:01 (sometimes even online check-in first becomes available 10 minutes past the T-48hours mark). But it should show up.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024 | 12:54 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
30 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The text is very confusing though, as it states that mobile check-in on a browser should also work. It sounds odd to me that they would allow this on the mobile check in website but not the regular one. Though I agree that the app is probably the safest choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.