Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

New promo: 1,000 miles for every three flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold

Just got this:
​​​Now the question. Do existing bookings also get it?
----------

Benefit from 1,000 extra award miles for every 3 flights this winter!

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board and reward you even more! Thus, we offer you 1,000 additional award miles for every 3 flights, for travelling anywhere, within Greece or abroad.

Don't miss out!

Valid for flights between 05.11.2022 - 31.03.2023.

*Don’t forget to enter your Miles+Bonus ID at the second step during your booking, or during your check-in.

Terms & Conditions
  • The offer is valid for roundtrip tickets, direct or connecting flights, operated by AEGEAN or Olympic Air, in all domestic and international network.
  • The offer is valid for flights between 05.11.2022 - 31.03.2023.
  • The additional 1,000 award miles will be credited in Miles+Bonus account after the completion or the retro claim of the 3rd consecutive flight.
  • The additional 1,000 award miles can be credited up to 5 times during the period 05.11.2022 - 31.03.2023.
  • The additional 1,000 miles are only award miles, and will be credited additionally to the flights’ corresponding miles.
  • Every member can earn up to 5,000 additional award miles.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:21 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Haven't received this offer. Is there a public link associated to the email?

It's interesting that they have not excluded award tickets from this. Likely they won't count, though they could as I believe that awards still credit as a 0-miles flight if I am not mistaken. Also, they require roundtrip tickets it looks like - but will credit after three individual flights (1,5 roundtrip). A bit odd...

Edit: Just got it. Link: https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...s_promo_nov22/
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:54 pm

Better than nothing, but I'm really wondering why they even bothered planning and setting up this "offer", since it must the least attractive offer I've ever seen from Aegean (I mean you get like 500 miles simply on your birthday and didn't that "my way" also give 1000 miles after answering 3-4 multiple choice survey questions, which you could do in 10 seconds? Not to mention other past cases, Attica stores etc... Now I need to take 3 flights for that?). I personally feel exactly the same motivation to take any flights this winter as without this offer.
Of course if existing bookings also get the additional miles it's an added bonus for them, but isn't the goal of any such offer to attract new bookings?
jumpallover and romans like this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I also question whether this would make anybody make any new bookings. I was so surprised I actually clicked on the Ts&Cs in the email to see if I was misunderstanding. Who is going to book 3 flights just for 1000 award miles? I mean, obviously I won't say no to extra miles if I am already planning this. But in reality, even if I already had two flights planned, I don't think I would book 1 extra for the 1000 award miles. I mean, you can just buy 1000 award miles for 25 EUR. Generally cheaper than booking a flight and surely cheaper than booking 3...
Makes me wonder if they had initially planned something higher like 5000 or 10.000 and built the campaign but were shot down and so had to make do with this, because it really seems quite silly. (And even 5000 probably wouldn't get me to book 3 completely new flights)
giorginho and jumpallover like this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Hi there people, I can confirm I got the 1,000 miles after three one-way flights, booked between one and three months ago.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Confirmed, they post right. Already received 2 times... but I kind of don't get the "why" of this promotion... 1K is far from an incentive to book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.