Wiki Posts
Search

Miles not posting...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Fmr. UA 1K, Hilton Honors Gold
Miles not posting...

I flew a roundtrip on Austrian last week and wanted to collect the miles to my Aegean account, and 8 days after the outbound the miles still haven't appeared on my account. Is this normal for Aegean? Should I wait a bit longer or should I contact someone at Miles&Bonus?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:09 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Its not normal and you should do a retro-credit through their websiite if the miles don't post at all. This functionality is available from 2 weeks after the flight.
N107UA likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 9:41 am

What booking class was it?
giorginho likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hsumh316
What booking class was it?
It was an Economy Light fare, so I'd assume K class.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by N107UA
That earns zero.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:15 am

In that case the earning rules are very clear. You won't get points for these.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:08 am

but on other side my N - PE class never gets credited automatically, always had to retro-claim
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
In that case the earning rules are very clear. You won't get points for these.
Oof my bad, had no idea. I've always credited those OS light fares to my UA account and I get miles there, didn't know the rules for Aegean were different

Last edited by N107UA; Sep 5, 2022 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Oof my bad, had no idea. I've always credited those OS light fares to my UA account and I get miles there, didn't know the rules for Aegean were different
The bright side is that at least when you credit a non earning fare you can always do retro claims to partners that do offer miles. So you can still credit the fare to your United account and get the miles if it is eligible for miles on United.
romans, N107UA and hsumh316 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:18 pm

Unfortunately yes, each programma has its own earning and burning rules. In this case, as remarked by @AlwaysFlyStar you can still (retro) credit these flights to MileagePlus. They will earn something there (Though not much, I believe only 25%).
N107UA likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
There is definitely a systemic problem with crediting OS mileage to M&B. Tonight, I tried to check my wife into a two-sector P class business flight BER-VIE-LCA and her A3*G number had been deleted. I tried to reinsert it but the OS system came up with an error: FFP number is too short - please check and correct it. Check-in was then denied. On her outbound flights LCA-VIE-BER, no mileage has been credited after 13 days.

The same problems happened with my daughter on a recent Z class itinerary on the same route. By contrast, my Z class flights on the same itinerary credited the next day on TK M&S. Yes, it is possible to apply for retro-credit but this is a pain. The problem clearly needs to be sorted but OS and A3 are currently engaged in strong competition on S.E. European routes and this may potentially prevent early resolution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.