Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Mileage runs for Aegean Miles+Bonus thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2024, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Xandrios
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Aegean Miles+Bonus thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2023, 5:29 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by EAPflyer
Tried the Avra and was very nice. Reliable shuttle according to timetable, takes 20 minutes. If your flight is late, contact the hotel and the next shuttle would be booked for you. If no guests are booked, the shuttle will not run.
Thanks! Booked them for a very early flight out of ATH, will try them soon.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: LH FTL - A3 Gold -AFKL Gold - HH Gold - IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I hate to be negative, but I wouldn't do it!

There can be quite a long walk at DUB to immigration and I'm not sure what official connections channel there is, if any. If everything is on time it's do-able but last time I flew DUB-ATH the inbound was about 30 minutes late and parked at a remote stand (NOT normal I admit). They began boarding at the normal time and we were all stuck in buses next to the aircraft while they finished the cleaning. The final arriving passengers had only just finished disembarking as we arrived. There's NO WAY the turnaround would have worked that day! Maybe it's possible if everything goes to plan but I'd have a heart-attack worrying.

If you must do something like this, choose a Schengen destination. CPH and ARN work well - they both disembark directly into the departure gate area, as do many others. I think LIS does and that's a good long flight with usually cheap C fares.
Thanks for info, I will take plan B 😊
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My girlfriend needs either 3 A3 flights or just under 8k tier points with any airline to renew her Gold status. She is based in ARN. She can only go on the weekends and it would have to be in February or March.
The best A3 run we've found is ZRH-SKG-ATH-ARN with an evening departure from ZRH, but it's a lot of flying for a weekend and she'd have to get up early on Sunday (ATH-ARN departs at 9am).

We're wondering if there's some better way, especially considering that SN may give some good points (they fly to BMA) or SAS Plus.
8k is "only" 4 flights of 2k each, so maybe she could split it across two weekends. Or she could even buy some tier points.

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:42 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Os/lx pe: Lhr-vie-bkk-zrh-lhr £699

There are a handful of dates from late August onwards with OS/LX premium economy fares to BKK for 699 GBP. Can tag on onwards domestic flights with Thai Smile or Bangkok Airways for a bit extra. Requires 24hrs+ stay in Vienna in order to lose the UK APD. Moxy Schwechat is available for 8-10000 Marriot points. The trip earns roughly 14290 miles. Search in google flights and then replicate the itinerary on austrian or lufthansa website as a multicity trip.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 3:28 pm

A3 Gild: Cheap runs from FRA

Hi there,
I‘m kinda new here so I’d need some support from you experts🙌🏼 I‘m A3 member since 01/23 and already collected 16,216 Miles and need either 2 A3 segments or 7,784 miles until silver due to several LH segments and one FRA-ORD Business class for work purposes. Nevertheless, I want to achieve gold status as soon as possible. What are current cheap mileage runs from FRA?

Grateful for any help.
Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:17 am

antoni0707 if you just need a "quick" segment or two, then the SKG-FRA prices start at 47,70€ without discount (for example on March 23rd). Business Basic is also available at 187,70€ on several dates.
However if you keep taking longer flights such as the one you mentioned, what you probably need is a segment run and ideally you should gather 6 segments in one go, if you want to avoid having to take more flights with Aegean before reaching gold.
So I'd look at CGN, which is only a short train ride away from FRA, but has almost half the airport fees (29€ instead of 55€!) and allows you to book all 6 segments together as a return ticket for around 300€ (an average of 50€ per segment is a very good deal I believe) like in this example...

I must mention that I only had a quick look at flights in March!

However if you also need to gather (more than a few) miles from those Aegean flights, then a more thorough search will be required (and perhaps tickets via "more options" such as FRA-SKG-(ATH)-LCA and back (or SOF instead of LCA), or similar, use any discount you can find and book higher classes or ticket categories.

Edit/PS: Of course in the aforementioned example it would make every sense to pay the few additional €€ and book flex instead of light, at least to me it does (just wanted to show the currently lowest undiscounted price I was able to find in March).
Edit2: The Return leg of the journey above can also be found for 25€ less, but that includes an overnight stay, so I think it would be more expensive in the end. ​​​​​​​

Last edited by giorginho; Mar 8, 2023 at 1:28 am
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:19 am

Programs: LH FTL - A3 Gold -AFKL Gold - HH Gold - IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I hate to be negative, but I wouldn't do it!

There can be quite a long walk at DUB to immigration and I'm not sure what official connections channel there is, if any. If everything is on time it's do-able but last time I flew DUB-ATH the inbound was about 30 minutes late and parked at a remote stand (NOT normal I admit). They began boarding at the normal time and we were all stuck in buses next to the aircraft while they finished the cleaning. The final arriving passengers had only just finished disembarking as we arrived. There's NO WAY the turnaround would have worked that day! Maybe it's possible if everything goes to plan but I'd have a heart-attack worrying.

If you must do something like this, choose a Schengen destination. CPH and ARN work well - they both disembark directly into the departure gate area, as do many others. I think LIS does and that's a good long flight with usually cheap C fares.
Hi fellas, I made my strange miles run trip from Sunday to Tuesday, 6 flights, 5 nations. And yes, thanks to your help I avoided to lost the return leg from Dublin to Athens! I arranged a reward TK flight DUB-IST and IST-ATH, then I had my ATH-TIA and TIA-BLQ very easily!
I will fly again next monday DUB-ATH to end my A3 Gold run. I will have a positioning Ryanair flight BLQ-DUB with 50Eur, and another 50Eur one to come back in Italy on monday evening. By the way, another help request: I will have just a little more than an hour in ATH for a non Shengen to Shengen flight, for what I saw in Ath Airport I shouldn't have any problems, but can I be safe in your opinion?
Thanks again for your help !
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I just booked a GVA - ATH - LCA overnight return on a weekend for a mileage run. Arrive LCA at 1am and depart 5am. Is there a way to stay airside upon disembarking? The A3 lounge supposedly opens at 3:15am. Anyone know if the priority pass lounge is still 24h? The airport website states 8am opening, priority pass app says 24h.

Last edited by RafKa; Mar 8, 2023 at 2:06 pm
Old Mar 11, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Seems SUMMER2023 gives around 30% off, applies to Business class as well. Happy booking!
RafKa, Grigoris and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by jj_lgkr
Seems SUMMER2023 gives around 30% off, applies to Business class as well. Happy booking!
Thanks.
Do you have any details, like terms and conditions? It doesn't seem to be working, regardless of whether I'm logged into my account or not. I also tried multiple travel dates, but it seems that the issue is, that the discount code isn't active to book today(?)...

Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by giorginho
Thanks.
Do you have any details, like terms and conditions? It doesn't seem to be working, regardless of whether I'm logged into my account or not. I also tried multiple travel dates, but it seems that the issue is, that the discount code isn't active to book today(?)...

It worked for me yesterday evening when I last checked - for flights in June and July. Doesn't seem to be working now anymore, I am getting the same error message.
Arrivals likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:41 am

Sadly no further details, sorry. Worked fine for me yesterday, I booked an end of August multi-trip and took a ~500€ total to 400€, so I'm guessing it was around 30%. Wasnt announced anywhere I could see officially, just found it in a Greek aviation forum without any further details and jumped on it.
giorginho likes this.

Last edited by jj_lgkr; Mar 12, 2023 at 7:32 am
Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I also took advantage of the 30% by purchasing a one way business class ticket, although I was not among the recipients of any email from Aegean.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by jj_lgkr
Sadly no further details, sorry. Worked fine for me yesterday, I booked an end of August multi-trip and took a ~500€ total to 400€, so I'm guessing it was around 30%. Wasnt announced anywhere I could see officially, just found it in a Greek aviation forum without any further details and jumped on it.
Yes, yesterday it worked. Can you please share the address of that forum? Thank you.
giorginho likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:59 pm

Not 100% sure if I'm allowed to post it, but the forum is airliners.gr.
Grigoris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.