Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AEGEAN Pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
has somebody actually confirmed that if you buy a “single route” 6-flight pass e.g. ATH-BRU, you can get either 6 ATH-BRU or 6 BRU-ATH or any other combination?
This is also answered in the last FAQ (and of course this is also how mum is using her pass so far, she started with the inbound flight, then did the outbound and already has the next inbound booked with that same single 6x ATH-DUS pass).
Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
Thanks for the heads up. It also looks as the addition of new routes did not raise the price the Aegean Pass is offered.
I don't know about domestic passes (though I have a hunch the Athens-Thessaloniki pass was under 20 euros at the cheapest option available, I believe 19 euros, and it's now 21), but at least some passes have definitely become more expensive. In particular, those that interest me personally, passes that involve destinations in Germany, single or multi-routes, all of whose prices have increased by 3 euros per flight (so a total increase of 18 and 30 euros for the 6x and 10x passes respectively). Not that much, but still an increase.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:05 am

Lightbulb

Hey all! I live in SKG, Greece a rather small airport compared to Athens. I was thinking of buying the AEGEAN Pass for the SKG-ATH route, in order to only use it for positioning flights.
I very often find great offers from Athens but the extra buck to get there usually makes them not much of an offer.
What do you think of the idea? Does it make any sense?
Thanks for any feedback
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:10 am

Sure!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by lgts
Hey all! I live in SKG, Greece a rather small airport compared to Athens. I was thinking of buying the AEGEAN Pass for the SKG-ATH route, in order to only use it for positioning flights.
I very often find great offers from Athens but the extra buck to get there usually makes them not much of an offer.
What do you think of the idea? Does it make any sense?
Thanks for any feedback
You will have to consider 2 extra things:
- Having flights in separate tickets, will cause a headache in case of disruptions. Not sure if having the 0-day pass though (which is more expensive) would be more helpful. Even if your ATH-flight is on A3, your company will not be responsible for any disruptions caused, although A3 usually has been flexible around it.
- In some cases on A3, pricing ex. SKG or to SKG might be cheaper, e.g. see attached itinerary. But I think you mostly want to use it for getting other airlines out of ATH.

In any case, I am not sure if this is an optimal use of the pass, unless you aso want to stay in Athens (for some days before your trip abroad or just for Athens), but ultimately you know your travel patterns and your needs.
Attached Images  
Xandrios, MeltingAlf and Arrivals like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:49 am

Thanks jerry_greece for the feedback, much appreciated

Indeed any disruptions will not be easy to handle specially with the 7-days option I am thinking of buying. Still, I was thinking -as you mention- of spending a couple of days in Athens before each destination so that could kind of soften things.
I had not considered the pricing though, and you are also right there.
This seems more complicated than I thought, I will run some examples and see if it can work for this year.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
jerry_greece likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Good day all!

I think I am right in the following but now doubting myself. The price of the pass excludes taxes, am I correct that if I make a regular booking say for a London - Athens return and click on the basket it shows me Flights €X and Airport charges €Y that the €Y price is a good indication of how much i would need to add to a round trip (2 coupons) to give me an idea of overall cost? So currently a LHR-ATH-LHR shows approximately €80.00 in Airport Charges - so would I be correct in then thinking a 6 ticket pass LHR-ATH bookable 7 days out would be €546.00 for the pass and €240 for taxes (based on taking 3 round trips) - total €786 - or €262 per round trip?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Yes, that’s right !
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Morning again to you all.

Am looking at one of the Balkan flight passes as part of a tier miles run (and because I want to visit the cities) - TIA/SOF/OTP are all fine, but I notice that all the BEG flights are actually operated by Air Serbia. Will the change the tier miles earnings that I get if booked as A3 but operated by Air Serbia?

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:35 am

wijibintheair I am currently seeing flights operated by Aegean on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Perhaps you're supposed (probably even only allowed) to only book those with the pass.
wijibintheair and Xandrios like this.

Last edited by giorginho; Sep 15, 2022 at 1:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:10 pm

I'm wondering if anybody has credited miles of these flights to another programme, in particular TK Miles and Smiles. As I understand it the booking class is Y. I'm wondering if these Aegean Pass flights will be credited to TK Miles and Smiles like regular A3 flights in booking class Y. Any experiences?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:18 pm

I think you should have posted this in the TK forum to increase the chance of getting answers...
Maksy likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
If I am not mistaken the Aegean Pass goes hand in hand with your name and your FFP membership number meaning you can't select any other FFP other than the one that is already preselected or you during the booking process (meaning Aegean).
Maksy likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I'd be surprised if the FFP couldn't be changed at the airport.
At the end of the day it's just a ticket.
That said, I don't have any experience with it (unfortunately).
Maksy likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: *A Gold
Apologies if this has been answered already (couldn't find the answer). Once one buys the Pass, does one then have the option to book a normal ticket (if for example there is an offer making it cheaper than the pass price) for the same route or is one forced to use up the pass first?

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Soiram
Apologies if this has been answered already (couldn't find the answer). Once one buys the Pass, does one then have the option to book a normal ticket (if for example there is an offer making it cheaper than the pass price) for the same route or is one forced to use up the pass first?

Thanks!
One remains free to use the pass or to buy a normal ticket.
Soiram likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.