Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AEGEAN Pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Thank you, Giorginho.
You are right. It is clearly explained on the pass homepage.

The upgrade challenge is not available either. I called Aegean as I had not received the upgrade challenge email and they confirmed it. :-(
It actually means if you are a gold member and buy the pass for 8 flights that you will have no chance to upgrade on 4 for them. Food for thought.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
It actually means if you are a gold member and buy the pass for 8 flights that you will have no chance to upgrade on 4 for them. Food for thought.
This is actually a factor I've been considering myself, when trying to compare the benefits of the pass vs. non pass bookings.
However, if the "re-booking trick" still works, then there's a way around that limitation too ​​​​​​.

PS. Running out of upgrade vouchers is certainly still a reason to celebrate ​​​​​​.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by giorginho
This is actually a factor I've been considering myself, when trying to compare the benefits of the pass vs. non pass bookings.
However, if the "re-booking trick" still works, then there's a way around that limitation too ​​​​​​.
You are right !
Another point is that upgrades with vouchers do not always go through because the business cabin is full :-)
giorginho likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 12:44 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Hi just after some advice. looking at a Balkan pass to use during September. Looking at centring in Athens and doing a 4 to 5 day return to each of the 4 available destinations. So can you book return ie Athens/Tirana/Athens or do you have to book each leg ie Athens/Tirana then Tirana/Athens. Am assuming the pass allows flights to/from? Any advice would be appreciated, myself and my other half are both A3 Gold and realise that we would have separate passes,
Old Feb 24, 2024, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by ClanJ
So can you book return ie Athens/Tirana/Athens or do you have to book each leg ie Athens/Tirana then Tirana/Athens.
Εach leg. As explained in the Frequently Asked Questions of the Pass.

Am assuming the pass allows flights to/from?
Yes, As explained in the Frequently Asked Questions of the Pass.

myself and my other half are both A3 Gold and realise that we would have separate passes,
Separate
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:05 pm

Hello, I am considering the pass to travel with my family during summer.
It seems too good to be true to be able to get normal fare tickets when others are paying 5 time the price.
What is your experience with the Pass during peak season? Is it difficult to use it or find flights? Are there problems with surbooking or cancelled flights? Is there a catch?
Thanks,
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by meroupow
It seems too good to be true to be able to get normal fare tickets when others are paying 5 time the price.
What is your experience with the Pass during peak season? Is it difficult to use it or find flights? Are there problems with surbooking or cancelled flights? Is there a catch?
Thanks,
there is no catch.
each member of the family needs to buy their own pass and make separate bookings.

This means you must ensure there are X seats available before you start booking.

How can it be difficult to find flights, when it gives you even the last seat of every flight?

Will every member of the family travel so much during the summer in the specific destinations of the pass, so that it’s worth the cost?

what is “surbooking”?

with cancelled flights you have the rights of every other passenger
KATERGOO and gioannis13 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by meroupow
Thanks,
It books in Y so as long as they sell enough economy seats for your family, you're good to go. I use mine mostly during peak season ; out of peak season I can usually get a good deal using the frequent promotions.

I've never been impacted by overbooking (surbooking) on flights booked using my pass.

A catch I can see is that you can only upgrade with the silver/gold coupons, no bid for upgrade.
KATERGOO likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:39 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Can anyone provide recent datapoints on what the options are for someone using the pass to do quick turns?

For example let's say I have the multi-destination pass out of Athens and use it to book ATH-SKG-ATH. Since each ticket is a separate reservation, is there any way for me to protect the SKG-ATH return in case of delays or cancellations of the outbound ATH-SKG flight?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Thank you, Giorginho.
You are right. It is clearly explained on the pass homepage.

The upgrade challenge is not available either. I called Aegean as I had not received the upgrade challenge email and they confirmed it. :-(
The pass is good for one year. You can certainly buy it on a date that straddles your qualification deadline such that you will get another 4 passes that you can use for upgrades.
giorginho likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by lensovet
Can anyone provide recent datapoints on what the options are for someone using the pass to do quick turns?

For example let's say I have the multi-destination pass out of Athens and use it to book ATH-SKG-ATH. Since each ticket is a separate reservation, is there any way for me to protect the SKG-ATH return in case of delays or cancellations of the outbound ATH-SKG flight?
There probably is, if you have the 0-day pass and already know your outbound flight will be delayed before it takes off (you can re-book your inbound flight). Of course this is how it should work in theory, but I don't have any personal experience with this, so...
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:54 am

And if you have a 30-day pass?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:03 am

Programs: Miles and Bonus
Arrow

Originally Posted by lensovet
And if you have a 30-day pass?
Again, if there is a flight irregularity, you can change the inbound flight, however earliest date that the rebooking would be in 30 days of that day.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:06 pm

I called Aegean.

They said they can link the two reservations so that in case of IRROPs you will be properly accommodated.

I purchased the pass and made my reservations. Called in today to have them linked, no questions asked.

Hopefully I won't need to find out how well it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.