Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

New routes for Summer 2021 LGW-JTR LGW-HER LGW-CFU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New routes for Summer 2021 LGW-JTR LGW-HER LGW-CFU

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by headingwest
I think there will be an issue with catering. If it remains (and we all hope it doesn't!) a snack in a bag then maybe ok, but to cater hot meals when not touching base at ATH or SKG will be much more problematic I imagine...
Not at all. I have flown LGW - HER a few times during the past 5 years and they had proper catering in C ( i mean pre Covid) and in Y too. In C was the usual menu with 2 options plus the wine list. I cannot see why the same route will have issues now

Last edited by ermis177; Nov 20, 2020 at 1:10 pm
Old Nov 20, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by ermis177
Not at all. I have flown LGW - HEL a few times during the past 5 years and they had proper catering in C
Was that with Finnair?
headingwest likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by palcsaky
Was that with Finnair?
Correction

Thanks!

By the way i got upgraded from Y to C on my very first flight with Finnair due to overbooking. That was when i was silver with BA. LHR- HEL on A330. What a lovely experience!
romans likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
OK, so I will admit it when I am wrong. It seems they will be offering Business Class. VIE-HER already has J seats loaded and award (also upgrade) availability is also possible. So no doubt they will be adding J to other flights, Nice. Hopefully the catering will return to some form of normality by then.

DELLAS and Xandrios like this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:55 pm

Does anyone have information on whether or not JMK/JTR to TLV will return? It operated for a few years, but I don't currently see it on the schedule at all for next summer (so far). In years past it didn't load until early in the year... fingers crossed. (I do see some HER-TLV flights in the system, as well as ATH of course).
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Surprised there is no LON-JMK. I guess LGW-JTR is competing with the BA LHR-JTR service, I can see that flight being decently succesful.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, LATAM*Black
though it is a really competitive one (non covid times), I'm still surprised there's no LGW SKG
Old Mar 7, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, BAEC Silver,HHonors Silver, Virgin
Well the schedule seems to have changed already on the LGW-CFU and CFU-LGW. These flights are no longer daily and the outbound timing has changed. So much for booking early. The return leg CFU-LGW has been cancelled. Will wait and see if the flight on day I wish to travel in August is reinstated as apparently schedules are still 'very fluid' according to the Aegean rep I spoke to.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
if things continue to improve, I wonder if we'd see some of these flights stay on into October. Isn't it generally around third week of September where the seasonal adds typically end?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, BAEC Silver,HHonors Silver, Virgin
I'm just hoping the daily schedule LGW=CFU=LGW returns and my cancelled flight is reinstated!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 4:21 am

DELLAS are you able to update the title of this thread. The Aegean flights that were originally listed to leave from LGW have all been moved to LHR.

I haven’t had chance to review all of the timings but it now means there it’s possible to go direct from Heathrow to Santorini, Thessaloniki, Corfu snd Crete (as well as Athens).

Should be of interest to those in a position to travel. For those of us in the UK there are legal restrictions on leaving the country before May 17th but good to have these options for the summer.
powergean likes this.

Last edited by Resolution; Mar 18, 2021 at 3:04 am
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:06 am

Just updated my note from 13th March to outline expanded routes from LHR.
apuleius poromenos this may be of use/interest to you.
poromenos likes this.

Last edited by Resolution; Mar 18, 2021 at 10:16 am
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:47 am
Original Poster

A3 will have some competition this Summer :

Ryanair Strengthening Its Presence in Greece

ATHENS -- Low cost airline Ryanair is strengthening its presence in Greece with three additional bases in Rhodes, Chania and Corfu, and 46 new routes to and from these airports.

The company announced in a web press conference on Wednesday that Ryanair's bases in Greece and the 14 airports managed by Fraport will now amount to five in total (Athens, Rhodes, Chania, Corfu, Thessaloniki).

Ryanair's flight operations this summer include a total of 107 new routes and an announcement for more connections is to follow. The new bases have launched 243 flights a week, with the company's executives talking about the creation of 120 new jobs. It is underlined that Ryanair, for the execution of its new flights to Greece, is reinforcing its fleet with four new aircraft, with a total investment of 400 million dollars.

In Corfu there will be 18 new itineraries, raising the total number to 42, with 97 flights a week, while the new jobs will amount to 60. In Chania, 15 new itineraries are added, increasing the total number to 38, with 90 flights per week and 30 new jobs. In Rhodes, 13 new itineraries have been planned, raising the total number to 27, with 56 flights per week and the new jobs amounting to 30.

http://www.thenationalherald.com/gre...reece-2057538/
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
[QUOTE=Resolution;33097380are you able to update the title of this thread. The Aegean flights that were originally listed to leave from LGW have all been moved to LHR.

I haven’t had chance to review all of the timings but it now means there it’s possible to go direct from Heathrow to Santorini, Thessaloniki, Corfu snd Crete (as well as Athens).

Should be of interest to those in a position to travel. For those of us in the UK there are legal restrictions on leaving the country before May 17th but good to have these options for the summer.[/QUOTE]

Are they really??!! I must have missed that. Hopefully they can tie in with United flights in/out of LHR.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CALMSP
Are they really??!! I must have missed that. Hopefully they can tie in with United flights in/out of LHR.
Due to the JV agreement between LH Group, AC & UA, I doubt that UA would codeshare A3 on these routes and most likely you would need to purchase a separate ticket if you would like to combine these routes with an UA flight out of LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.