Wiki Posts
Search

Business class free same day changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Business class free same day changes

I would like to change the business class ticket to an earlier flight on the same day which is meant to be without change fees and without fare difference as per description of A3 business class (https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/bookin...usiness-class/)
Call centre said it needs to be done in the app on the day of the flight which is today. However, during mobile check in there is no option to choose any other flight other than the one purchased and when I try to make changes in manage my booking it’s asking for £300 fare difference.
Has anybody to date been able to use this feature with success?
giorginho likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:13 am

From your link:
[2] The service is currently available for changes through mobile App or at the airport.
So you can also try to change at the airport and please do get back us with what happened, since this not only concerns business class, but also "comfort flex" tickets ​​​​​​.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Have you updated to the latest version of the app? since this might be a new functionaility, it might be the problem. Now, I would not be surprised that AEGEAN sells a benefit now but you cannot use that benefit properly before a long time.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:43 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
"The service is currently available for changes through mobile App or at the airport."

At the airport...that would only be useful if you are allowed to no-show and rebook to a later flight when you do arrive. For the scenario that you were to miss your flight that could be useful. But if no-show is not covered/allowed then it would be very unpractical to have to make the change at the airport.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:02 am
Original Poster

So I rocked up at LHR as advised by the call centre staff and surprise surprise the ticketing desk couldn’t change the flight to an earlier one either. I was told that since it’s a promotional A fare, free changes on the same day are not allowed and I was offered the change for £190 which I declined and called Aegean again. 20 minutes on the phone and they concluded there is a system problem and offered me the 16:35 flight which I declined as I have an evening connection out of Athens. I insisted on the 12:15 departure as I was already at LHR with 3 hours spare. They promised a callback and indeed 10 minutes later they rang back and my 22:15 ticket has been cancelled and replaced with 12:15 so I was able to check in and now I’m on the plane enjoying the covid pre-departure drink aka nothing.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by palcsaky
and now I’m on the plane enjoying the covid pre-departure drink aka nothing.
Lolol!

Good job btw, for managing to get the flight changed.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 7:24 am

Out of curiosity; did you book when these new rules were already announced, or was the booking older?

If the booking was older I can imagine (not saying that it's right though) that the rules attached to your ticket wouldn't allow same day changes - as that was not a benefit when you booked.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:26 am
Original Poster

I booked it on Tuesday this week, new rules, new earning rates and double miles hopefully to renew gold until September 2022. Glad that I was finally able to use the voucher that just kept coming back like a bad penny.
Business travellers won’t be very pleased with Aegean if they have to go through the same rigmarole just to take an earlier or later flight.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
I can confirm that in my case (flying soon), I can see the option to change to a later flight in the app.
Xandrios, palcsaky and giorginho like this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:47 am
Original Poster

The miles are in:

Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:11 am

9K award miles for a one-way...unreal. Nice one!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by palcsaky
I booked it on Tuesday this week, new rules, new earning rates and double miles hopefully to renew gold until September 2022. Glad that I was finally able to use the voucher that just kept coming back like a bad penny.
Business travellers won’t be very pleased with Aegean if they have to go through the same rigmarole just to take an earlier or later flight.
Out of curiosity, was this outright Biz (e.g. A) or was it upgraded from Econ with a voucher?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Outright biz A class
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Has someone used this feature on a comfort flex or on a biz ticket? Since I can check in 48 hours before the flight, can I goshow on a flight the previous evening or next morning? Or it needs to be on the same calendar day? I guess this only works when both flights are open for online check-in?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Originally Posted by ranskis
Has someone used this feature on a comfort flex or on a biz ticket? Since I can check in 48 hours before the flight, can I goshow on a flight the previous evening or next morning? Or it needs to be on the same calendar day? I guess this only works when both flights are open for online check-in?
You can only change flights on the day of your original departure date. The option becomes available the very same second the departure date has arrived (midnight). It has worked for me like that in the recent past without any issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.