FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Aegean’s non refund policy for COVID cancelled flights illegal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2022739-aegean-s-non-refund-policy-covid-cancelled-flights-illegal.html)

headingwest Sep 28, 2020 3:05 am

Irrespective of how the flights were paid for, you have a contract with Aegean and EC261/2004 is still valid. You are legally entitled to rerouting.

KLouis Sep 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32705620)
Irrespective of how the flights were paid for, you have a contract with Aegean and EC261/2004 is still valid. You are legally entitled to rerouting.

and the problem:

[quote-Grigoris]AEGEAN Gold member call center (not nice experience at present) refuses to make re-route according to 261/2004.
Technically, it means almost the same departure time but two flights (A3+LH) instead of one (A3) direct flight.
Is it wrong to demand re-routing?[/quote]

Not knowing where HOME is (I guess somewhere in Germany), from the original post it sounds as if Grigoris was indeed offered rerouting, only that he would prefer flying on a non-stop with LH instead (if such exists). If it is, indeed, like that, then I doubt that EC261/2004 obliges A3 to do so. More details of HOME and actual flights involved would be helpful.

Grigoris Sep 28, 2020 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis (Post 32707600)
and the problem:

[quote-Grigoris]AEGEAN Gold member call center (not nice experience at present) refuses to make re-route according to 261/2004.
Technically, it means almost the same departure time but two flights (A3+LH) instead of one (A3) direct flight.
Is it wrong to demand re-routing?

Not knowing where HOME is (I guess somewhere in Germany), from the original post it sounds as if Grigoris was indeed offered rerouting, only that he would prefer flying on a non-stop with LH instead (if such exists). If it is, indeed, like that, then I doubt that EC261/2004 obliges A3 to do so. More details of HOME and actual flights involved would be helpful.
[/QUOTE]

You mixed it up a little bit.
Original cancelled flight with A3: direct ATH - WAW in the morning on 2nd of DEC
I've proposed re-routing on 2nd or 1st of DEC (at whatever time). The cheapest options are via MUC or FRA (A3 + LH).
Call center offers only flight on own bird in the afternoon on 3rd of DEC, so over 24 hours difference plus additional hotel night.

Thank you all for some advice, I will write here if something new apperas in this subject.

johnirvine Sep 29, 2020 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Grigoris (Post 32707932)

You mixed it up a little bit.
Original cancelled flight with A3: direct ATH - WAW in the morning on 2nd of DEC
I've proposed re-routing on 2nd or 1st of DEC (at whatever time). The cheapest options are via MUC or FRA (A3 + LH).
Call center offers only flight on own bird in the afternoon on 3rd of DEC, so over 24 hours difference plus additional hotel night.

Thank you all for some advice, I will write here if something new apperas in this subject.[/QUOTE]

The European Commission has previously issued a clarification of EU261 rights in the Covid-19 era. This made clear that, in the event of cancellation more than 14 days prior to flying, the passenger retained the right to either a full refund or rescheduling. However, in the latter case, there would be no right to same day rebooking. Aegean are thus within their rights to deny a direct flight with another airline for a flight booked so far in advance in December. You will not easily get a refund from Aegean so the least expensive way to cut your losses is to pay for a hotel and find a way to enjoy Warsaw for a day longer.

Grigoris Oct 5, 2020 3:54 am

Have I reached a level up in the game?
"Thank for your recent Credit Voucher request for your trip for passenger ...................... with booking reference (PNR) ........, which was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We would like to inform you, that we will proceed with a full refund of the amount paid for the respective ticket , therefore a Credit Voucher will not be issued.
We always remain at your disposal."

Yreal Oct 5, 2020 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Grigoris (Post 32723335)
"Thank for your recent Credit Voucher request for your trip for passenger ...................... with booking reference (PNR) ........, which was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We would like to inform you, that we will proceed with a full refund of the amount paid for the respective ticket , therefore a Credit Voucher will not be issued.

the dust is setteling down.

Xandrios Oct 5, 2020 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Grigoris (Post 32723335)

Interesting, good to see. When (and how) did you request the voucher to be turned into a refund?

Grigoris Oct 6, 2020 12:08 am

Request made on 1st of OCT on the website.
I don't know if a page for refunds existed before the virus, but there's already one: https://en.aegeanair.com/refund-application/