Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges @ Athens Airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Pinni
Is the A3 lounge in SKG still closed?
Yes it is. With a poor excuse that they don’t have space for a new one yet. I have been travelling from SKG in the last few months. Looks like new shops opening every day but they can’t find some space for the lounge. Pathetic.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by Pinni
Is the A3 lounge in SKG still closed?
just went through, because the airport is under construction...

Coffee is 1.35, could board right away, so no biggie.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:46 am

Dubbel
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
There are stairs (down) in between the two security checkpoints for Schengen and non-Schengen, kind of in between the restaurants there. There's a guard to make sure that you only enter if you hold a valid ticket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvHPFp63gJg
found it!

Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 2:07 am

Anyone at ath now? Drinking alone is boring.
Xandrios and yurtripper like this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Yreal
Anyone at ath now? Drinking alone is boring.
Ugh, I get you..

Anyone at ATH today? Boy, the A3 lounges have gone as much downhill as the airline under COVID19. I always liked the LH lounge the best, but right now it's an absolute no-brainer where to go.

At least the Lufthansa lounge has proper food (nicely prepackeged in glass jars - showing that corona measures do not have to impact food quality) and perhaps even more important proper booze from proper glasses. I mean, when the choice is between good quality wine in a real glass at Lufthansa, or the usual economy class reds in small bottles with paper cups in the Aegean lounge, it is quite an easy decision. And did I mention proper single malts like the Balvenie double oak and Lagavulin 16?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 8:42 am

I didn't (and still don't) have enough time to post my recent trip pics with enough detail, but here's the entire offering of the LH lounge at DUS on the 16th (and according 2 different staff members I talked to, this "has been it" the entire time, regardless of the time of day!). More details in a few days...

Sorry about the large size. Left to right: Bread with cheese, bread with salami (calling these "sandwiches" would be the highest insult to sandwiches) and a "shot" of fruit pieces. Coffee or chocolate from the "multi-drinks-machine" and the same goes for the 2 kinds of juices offered.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by giorginho
I didn't (and still don't) have enough time to post my recent trip pics with enough detail, but here's the entire offering of the LH lounge at DUS on the 16th (and according 2 different staff members I talked to, this "has been it" the entire time, regardless of the time of day!). More details in a few days...

Sorry about the large size. Left to right: Bread with cheese, bread with salami (calling these "sandwiches" would be the highest insult to sandwiches) and a "shot" of fruit pieces. Coffee or chocolate from the "multi-drinks-machine" and the same goes for the 2 kinds of juices offered.
part that bugged me most was the staff telling me the lounge was closed.

Yes, the b lounge is closed, but that doesnt stop me from going to a. Depressing lounge all around tbh.
giorginho likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Ugh, I get you..

Anyone at ATH today? Boy, the A3 lounges have gone as much downhill as the airline under COVID19. I always liked the LH lounge the best, but right now it's an absolute no-brainer where to go.

At least the Lufthansa lounge has proper food (nicely prepackeged in glass jars - showing that corona measures do not have to impact food quality) and perhaps even more important proper booze from proper glasses. I mean, when the choice is between good quality wine in a real glass at Lufthansa, or the usual economy class reds in small bottles with paper cups in the Aegean lounge, it is quite an easy decision. And did I mention proper single malts like the Balvenie double oak and Lagavulin 16?
the whisky selection is great! The staff was actualy pushing the lagavullin when i orderd another one hehe.

I had one at 7.00 during the summer hehe.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:20 am

the whisky selection is great! The staff was actualy pushing the lagavullin when i orderd another one hehe.

I had one at 7.00 during the summer hehe.
I may or may not have tried all of the Scottish single malts given my long layover thanks to the strike

agree about the great whisky selection! One of the best outside the legendary Swiss SEN lounge at the non-Schengen satellite terminal of ZRH - but that is as close to heaven as you can get as a whisky-loving frequent flyer.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:43 am

I may or may not have tried all of the Scottish single malts given my long layover thanks to the strike

agree about the great whisky selection! One of the best outside the legendary Swiss SEN lounge at the non-Schengen satellite terminal of ZRH - but that is as close to heaven as you can get as a whisky-loving frequent flyer.
weird that ath has better lufthansa c lounges then germany 😅
Romanianflyer and giorginho like this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:54 am

weird that ath has better lufthansa c lounges then germany 😅
Oh absolutely! I was reminded about that again transiting through FRA one week ago... so average!

If it wouldnt be for the paltry mileage earning, the paltry LH lounges would be another reason to avoid LH and opt for LX or TK - although the latter has slashed their on board and lounge product even more than A3!

I always liked the Athens LH lounge though. The food is nice, drinks superb, and outside of LH group departure banks it is a quiet oasis. Also lovely lounge dragons! (One is originally Romanian I found out today after she peaked on my OTP-bound boarding pass).

But I'm getting slightly off topic now - which I can assure has nothing to do with the Lagavulin
Carpacchio likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:33 pm

Oh absolutely! I was reminded about that again transiting through FRA one week ago... so average!

If it wouldnt be for the paltry mileage earning, the paltry LH lounges would be another reason to avoid LH and opt for LX or TK - although the latter has slashed their on board and lounge product even more than A3!

I always liked the Athens LH lounge though. The food is nice, drinks superb, and outside of LH group departure banks it is a quiet oasis. Also lovely lounge dragons! (One is originally Romanian I found out today after she peaked on my OTP-bound boarding pass).

But I'm getting slightly off topic now - which I can assure has nothing to do with the Lagavulin
yes, i like that one lady that seems to be at the door alot. Eva?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Aegean now seems to be operating its Larnaca 'hub' lounge at very restricted times. Last night, the lounge was closed even though there were 40 business passengers on the LH flight to FRA and probably a number of *G passengers in economy. From the evidence in various threads, Aegean now seems to be getting seriously short of cash. The same is true with LH who are rapidly getting through the 10 billion bailout by the German government and are therefore shutting lounges like the one in Duesseldorf.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm not happy about it either - but on the other hand, any business not doing well is going to try to cut back on costs. That's not unexpected. And it doesn't necessarily mean that they are about to go bankrupt either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.