Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean cancelling flights, not informing passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold

Hi there,

All of my flights with Aegean have been cancelled. There was no email or text notifications, and no rebooking or cancellation options offered...
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:35 am

An email should come. It arrived to me for my flights. Check your spam folder or go online on “manage my booking” and check. There are options to change the flights or ask for a refund voucher
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
All flights disappeared from "my bookings"!
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:08 am

Don't you have the booking number in the email? Try manually to find the booking with the booking number and your last name then
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Just received an email for flights booked in April.
Now let's see how this cash refund goes
Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:26 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
My bookings with canceled flights still appear in my flights overview. However it does show a banner at the top saying the flight has been canceled and that I should call in for rebooking options.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Yesterday (after reading this thread) I received an email stating my flights on April 21 and 25 were cancelled. I tried calling the Athens Call Center on Skype (I am in Qatar at the moment) but the recording said to call later if my flight was not in the next 8 days. Going to Cyprus is an obvious no-no at this time. I am still healthy and "negative" and working from home teaching on-line. We are living in interesting, fluid and dynamic times. As a Physics Prof once said to my E&M class: "We all live in a world of flux."

To be continued
yurtripper likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I receive an email outlining my flight itinerary May 1, LHR-ATH-JTR-FRA. No mention that the flights are cancelled. Just my itinerary. What does this mean?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
In case of any interest to you I have noticed that Aegean has started uploading the W21 schedule as of earlier today.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:18 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I receive an email outlining my flight itinerary May 1, LHR-ATH-JTR-FRA. No mention that the flights are cancelled. Just my itinerary. What does this mean?
Typically this means that a schedule change has happened. Make sure that you check your itinerary online and verify the dates and times. I've seen this in the past when the time moved by a few minutes.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: *G, OW Sapphire, HH D
My flights for May have been cancelled as well and I did not receive any notifications from Aegean. It seems that there is only a possibility to apply for a voucher online. No signs of refund options. Stay tuned..
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:31 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Concerning the lack of emails it seems a widespread problem. Basically the GDS (Altea/Amadeus) does not handle the massive cancellations properly as it was not built to do this. So on that a bit of leniency from us should be expected.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
In case of any interest to you I have noticed that Aegean has started uploading the W21 schedule as of earlier today.
This is to facilitate forward date changes as customers were complaining they could not change to a future date after Summer.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by MerNion
An email should come. It arrived to me for my flights. Check your spam folder or go online on “manage my booking” and check. There are options to change the flights or ask for a refund voucher
Seems a bit cheeky to offer a voucher for a cancellation by the airline, but maybe they are still working on this and will offer better options...
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:06 am

Programs: None
My flight got preponed by 5 minutes and the bookings no longer show on the app. However, when I manually enter the details, I can see the booking there. The only thing is that I am now unable to modify the booking online. Website says that it would take them 45-60 days to reply to my email.

So, OP try manually entering the flight details. You should see your booking there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.