Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

unable to get star alliance upgrade via aegean, works on aeroplan and asiana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

unable to get star alliance upgrade via aegean, works on aeroplan and asiana

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy unable to get star alliance upgrade via aegean, works on aeroplan and asiana

so i am trying to upgrade a B class flight from BKK to TPE. i know there is availability because both Asiana and Aeroplan show it available. however when i try to upgrade via Aegean, it gives me "Sorry, your request cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later"

i have already upgrade the 2nd leg via aeroplan, however i wanted to do the first leg by aegean. now thats not the reason i cant upgrade the first leg. as asiana is showing me availability etc.

i have called thr 24hr no but they can't figure out. asked me to call during business hours ath time

any ideas?

Last edited by hotpopcorn; Oct 29, 2019 at 8:16 pm
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Aegean is telling me inventory for upgrades are different for Asiana or aeroplan. even though both r same alliance. can somebody confirm this? this is reason why i see on other programs and not Aegeans
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:50 pm

In other words, if one of us, anonymously of course, confirms this statement you believe it, but if the reason comes from somebody with a first and family name, acting as the agent of a company directly involved in your "problem", it's not enough?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by hotpopcorn
Aegean is telling me inventory for upgrades are different for Asiana or aeroplan. even though both r same alliance. can somebody confirm this? this is reason why i see on other programs and not Aegeans
This is not uncommon at all actually. Using Eurobonus points one can often book J award tickets on flights that appear to have no availability if one uses M&B miles. Premium award availability together with very high YQs are for me M&B's weakest spot.

If still in doubt, the best would be to HUACA to talk to a different agent. But adding to what KLouis wrote, even if somebody else here claimed otherwise, you would still need to do this by calling Aegean...
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Aegean is telling me inventory for upgrades are different for Asiana or aeroplan. even though both r same alliance
Same alliance, yes. But there is no single Star Alliance FFP. There are different programmes. Run by different airlines. All members of the same alliance, indeed, but each having different degrees of cooperation with various partners.

I've got to hand it to the marketing department - the idea of the "alliance" has really taken a firm hold in some passengers' minds, and they still seem to think that "Star Alliance" is the key unifying factor, ignoring the evidence of their eyes and experience that should tell them that there are many and multiple variations in standards, service, and benefits even with a single member airline, let alone across the entire airline membership of any particular alliance.

If they wanted true uniformity of the type you expect, then Star Alliance would have abolished the individual (and competing) programmes of the various member airlines, and instead imposed a single FFP to be shared by all members, so that all frequent flyer members are treated identically.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
In other words, if one of us, anonymously of course, confirms this statement you believe it, but if the reason comes from somebody with a first and family name, acting as the agent of a company directly involved in your "problem", it's not enough?

Dear KLouis, thanks for you valuable input, however this forum is to help and guide others. and thats what i am look for. as different agents have told me different things. if you have no input, please move onto next post. no reason to be a dick.

thanks
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:21 pm

Dear KLouis, thanks for you valuable input, however this forum is to help and guide others. and thats what i am look for. as different agents have told me different things. if you have no input, please move onto next post. no reason to be a dick.

thanks
Thanks to you for valuing one's opinion and especially for being so polite!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
...different agents have told me different things...
This is not uncommon at all with any airline, and Aegean is not an exception. Still, your best shot is to call them again. Whatever anyone writes here won't do any good to you unless you find an Aegean agent willing/able to carry out your request.

What was that the other agent(s) you spoke with told you?
Jma12 and giorginho like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.