Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Schedule change *A redemption through M&B

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:48 am
Original Poster

I just got news of a significant schedule change (17 hour layover, arriving next day) to a redemption booked wth both segments on TK.

There is no other I availability to get me to my destination on that day. Does anyone have experience with this and know whether M&B will cover you by booking a revenue ticket on the flights you want? I just had a similar experience last month on an Aeroplan redemption and they bought me new revenue flights in J to get me there.

I assume they could also open up space on any A3 flight but unfortunately that doesn't work with this itinerary.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Um, if it was a redemption on Aegean, booked with Aegean miles, then you could get Aegean to care.
Otherwise, they wont force TK (or any other airline) to open up award space, and definitely wont book you onto a revenue ticket.
Best course is to find alternative routes/dates/departure or arrival airport with award space, and get Aegean to change your ticket without incurring the EUR 20 change fee.
Besides that, you have the choice to use other currencies (miles/cash) to book another itinerary of your choice.

Or, accept the change and hope for another TK change before your travel dates.
Sorry but this is part of air travel these days.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bcnfish
[left]Does anyone have experience with this and know whether M&B will cover you by booking a revenue ticket on the flights you want?
No, Aegean will not "buy" you a ticket, but you should ring them to see what alternative itinerary they may be able to come up with.

It would help if you gave some idea of the route, and how far in advance you were notified of the change.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Was notified just over 2 weeks before travel. Unfortunately I don't have any flexibility on day of travel so it makes it quite difficult.

I called A3 and as expected were not nearly as accommodating as Aeroplan. The only possibility they offered was to open up space on A3 flights (resulting in multiple connections, and horrible timings), hope for I space on another carrier to open up, or refund the whole ticket.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by bcnfish
Was notified just over 2 weeks before travel. Unfortunately I don't have any flexibility on day of travel so it makes it quite difficult.

I called A3 and as expected were not nearly as accommodating as Aeroplan. The only possibility they offered was to open up space on A3 flights (resulting in multiple connections, and horrible timings), hope for I space on another carrier to open up, or refund the whole ticket.
As I told you, unfortunately you would need to accept the TK change, or book a plan-b separately.
With 2 weeks to go, you are rolling the dice and looking for luck..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.