Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

BR flight booked via A3 redemption - now affected by strike!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BR flight booked via A3 redemption - now affected by strike!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by dunkmycar
Somehow I see a LH booking when I logged in to A3 and BR. Called LH and they said needs to be ticketed by A3. Called A3 and they said they have to check with LH and will get back to me. To me, it's a downgrade from BR since I wont be in a 1-2-1 configuration and it will be more packed with no privacy. But if this rebooking does work, I dont think there's any way I will get compensation isnt it?
So it seems they have done as I suggested and rebooked you. To be honest be thankful for that.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Is it rebooked on I class? If not, is A3 willing to reticketing it?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by pbd456
Is it rebooked on I class? If not, is A3 willing to reticketing it?
Indeed, who to reissue the ticket could be an issue if the OP has been rebooked into revenue class (which is likely as award availability is unlikely this close to depart.) A3 may not like the idea of reissuing the ticket in revenue class (due to fear of getting billed by LH) and would prefer to leave it to BR to reticket as it was their flight that got cancelled - and BR will be reluctant to reissue as it is an A3 award ticket which BR can not/will not touch.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Indeed, who to reissue the ticket could be an issue if the OP has been rebooked into revenue class (which is likely as award availability is unlikely this close to depart.) A3 may not like the idea of reissuing the ticket in revenue class (due to fear of getting billed by LH) and would prefer to leave it to BR to reticket as it was their flight that got cancelled - and BR will be reluctant to reissue as it is an A3 award ticket which BR can not/will not touch.
it wont cost anything for BR to rebook it on LH (if my understanding is corrected). whoever issued the ticket will be billed by LH.

typically, if booking via travel agent (in this case A3), flight cancellation occurs before departure would be handled by the agent, and they would most likely to give a refund unless they can find another option. normally, the airline can open seats on its own metal due to cancellation, but obviously, BR has no flight at all due to strike. so unless it is being reticketed by A3, i am very curious to know the outcome and certainly hope the OP will post the end result.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
It is now up to you to get it ticketed with Aegean (and hope that Aegean doesn’t notice the vastly increased fuel surcharges when flying Lufthansa).

I’m expecting that to be your next shock in this saga - Aegean asking for more than 500 euro in addition fuel surcharges and taxes.
If BR did the rebooking correctly there will be a note in the reservation "INVOL RBKG DUE BR87 CXLD" or the like which will tell A3 that no add. taxes or surcharges to be collected from the OP:
NWIFlyer and irishguy28 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:17 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So who would pay for those additional taxes then? Assuming FRA/MUC actually charge higher taxes, that money has to come from somewhere?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
BR might have moved your booking to LH without realizing that the ticket was issued by A3 as a reward ticket. If that's the case, it's likely that it wouldn't be I class but a revenue booking class. A3 as a result will be unlikely to be able to ticket it.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
So who would pay for those additional taxes then? Assuming FRA/MUC actually charge higher taxes, that money has to come from somewhere?
In the case of BR rebooking pax due to irrops/strike, then they would be the ones taking the hit.

However, as noted above, BR may not have realised this was an award ticket and therefore may not have meant to do precisely what has been done...
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The OP was supposed to travel 26 June on BR 87 so it would be great to hear from the OP how this turns/turned out - if OP indeed travels with LH in revenue class (and who reissued the ticket).
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by irishguy28
In the case of BR rebooking pax due to irrops/strike, then they would be the ones taking the hit.

However, as noted above, BR may not have realised this was an award ticket and therefore may not have meant to do precisely what has been done...
BR is re-booking all kinds of tickets except those free ones (like those ones crew gets). You just need to find an agent willing to do it if the system doesn't do it itself.

For the OP, if your flight is delayed for more than 6 hours (LH flight departs later than BR), then you will be available to claim up to $250 with receipts documenting costs.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
BR is re-booking all kinds of tickets except those free ones (like those ones crew gets). You just need to find an agent willing to do it if the system doesn't do it itself.
I'm not saying that they wouldn't rebook award tickets....just that they may not have been as "amenable" with the rebooking as appears to have been the case.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: KFEG, OZ *G
Just an update to everyone interested
Indeed I was booked into J class.
Would have accrued 200% on A3 but decided to put into OZ instead since I fear I may not get the points from A3
Now the points are in
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would have accrued 200% on A3 but decided to put into OZ instead since I fear I may not get the points from A3
Now the points are in
EDIT: I had forgotten that it was originally booked as a mileage redemption.

However, I would expect that A3 would also have granted the miles. It was flown as a J (as in paid J class, right?) on a re-issued ticket, so should not have been an issue getting the miles in A3.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 23, 2019 at 10:18 am
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Just an update to everyone interested
Indeed I was booked into J class.
Now the points are in
great ending to the saga. Somewhat wishing for similar situation to earn ridiculous miles! You almost get a full refund for your miles used on the ticket!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by irishguy28
EDIT: I had forgotten that it was originally booked as a mileage redemption.

However, I would expect that A3 would also have granted the miles. It was flown as a J (as in paid J class, right?) on a re-issued ticket, so should not have been an issue getting the miles in A3.
i would think so since it was rebooked into rev ticket. Although I'm not quite sure if all tickets including awards will rebook into rev tickets in the case of something like this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.