FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   BR flight booked via A3 redemption - now affected by strike! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1974982-br-flight-booked-via-a3-redemption-now-affected-strike.html)

dunkmycar Jun 21, 2019 7:12 am

BR flight booked via A3 redemption - now affected by strike!

Dear all
I have an upcoming flight BR 87 on 26/6 booked via Aegean miles redemption, and now I am affected. What should I do?? Should I call Aegean or Eva?

Chiller3333 Jun 21, 2019 7:31 am

Has your flight been cancelled already?
The strike will start on the 20th, so it might be the case that everything will be back to normal by the 26th.

dunkmycar Jun 22, 2019 4:03 am

Unfortunately I received an email saying the flights been cancelled! Sigh

MSPeconomist Jun 22, 2019 4:13 am

Originally Posted by dunkmycar (Post 31228033)

Did the email say to contact A3 or BR?

dunkmycar Jun 22, 2019 10:07 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31228051)
Did the email say to contact A3 or BR?

Email said to check Eva website or contact travel agent.

Anyway, Eva's phone is either engaged or not operating over the weekend. Tried calling A3 and they cant do anything cos there are no more redemption flights at such late notice

Often1 Jun 22, 2019 10:28 am

As it is prior to the date of travel, it is for the ticketing carrier, A3, to handle the reroute. Call A3 immediately.

Taten_R.O.C. Jun 22, 2019 10:55 am

Originally Posted by dunkmycar (Post 31228033)

Based on Eva's website (only Chinese showed the handle process for reward tix), you need to check with A3 as you are using A3 mileages.

pewpew Jun 22, 2019 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 31228711)
As it is prior to the date of travel, it is for the ticketing carrier, A3, to handle the reroute. Call A3 immediately.

Originally Posted by Taten_R.O.C. (Post 31228806)
Based on Eva's website (only Chinese showed the handle process for reward tix), you need to check with A3 as you are using A3 mileages.

So OP is SOL :(

Originally Posted by dunkmycar (Post 31228666)
Tried calling A3 and they cant do anything cos there are no more redemption flights at such late notice

Xandrios Jun 23, 2019 7:13 am

Isn't A3 able to request Eva to open up more reward space?

DELLAS Jun 23, 2019 3:47 pm

A3 should be rebooking in any booking class available not just in the redemption classes. Basically you should be treated the same way as other revenue passengers as per the guidelines issued by Eva for the strike. Maybe call back and be a bit more firm and request a supervisor.

SK AAR Jun 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 31232213)
A3 should be rebooking in any booking class available not just in the redemption classes. Basically you should be treated the same way as other revenue passengers as per the guidelines issued by Eva for the strike. Maybe call back and be a bit more firm and request a supervisor.

I'm afraid it doesn't work this way in reality. There is no way A3 will book the OP into revenue class - this will costs A3 thousands of $ and is not going to happen. The only chance is to show up at the airport on the day of dept. and let BR deal with it.

dunkmycar Jun 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Somehow I see a LH booking when I logged in to A3 and BR. Called LH and they said needs to be ticketed by A3. Called A3 and they said they have to check with LH and will get back to me. To me, it's a downgrade from BR since I wont be in a 1-2-1 configuration and it will be more packed with no privacy. But if this rebooking does work, I dont think there's any way I will get compensation isnt it?

KLouis Jun 23, 2019 10:35 pm

Compensation from LH for having a worse product than BR? Nope!

SK AAR Jun 24, 2019 12:45 am

Originally Posted by dunkmycar (Post 31232821)
To me, it's a downgrade from BR since I wont be in a 1-2-1 configuration and it will be more packed with no privacy. But if this rebooking does work, I dont think there's any way I will get compensation isnt it?

Compensation for what? It is not downgrade. You are still in business class.

LH C class is OK. You will be fine. Rather than complaining you should be happy that apparently this will be resolved and you will be able to fly - could have been much worse if A3 had to rebook you on flights with award availability - just my two cents...

I suppose BR took action on this and rebooked you to LH but left it to A3 to reissue the ticket because you are booked on their ticket stock and this is an award (carriers will hesitate to reissue award tickets on their own ticket stock)

Tokyoite Jun 24, 2019 3:30 am

Welcome to the world of “cheap tickets using miles”.
this is unfortunately the other side of the miles game, where most tickets are booked using miles from one airline FFP and flown on a totally separate airline.

In case of these “pre-announced changes”, it’s up to the flyer to work with the FFP that ticketed the mileage award ticket to find alternatives.
In this case, BR was generous enough to rebook you on LH, something they didn’t actually need to do.

It is now up to you to get it ticketed with Aegean (and hope that Aegean doesn’t notice the vastly increased fuel surcharges when flying Lufthansa).

I’m expecting that to be your next shock in this saga - Aegean asking for more than 500 euro in addition fuel surcharges and taxes.

Use matrix to generate both business class itineraries, setting ATH POS and EUR currency (your former one on BR and new one on LH) and see what the tax difference is.

Again, considering its a strike, start digging into a plan C that fits the Aegean award rules (one transfer only) to get you to Paris (if the rebook on LH Plan B doesn’t work out)
Consider these, n look for award space same day, a day before or day after your original date. You might strike luck! Then cancel n rebook current ticket for free, only adding or subtracting the fuel n taxes.

TPE/TSA - HND - CDG on ANA
TPE/TSA - ICN - CDG on Asiana
TPE/TSA - PEK - CDG on Air China
TPE/TSA - BKK - CDG on Thai
TPE/TSA - WAW - CDG on LOT
TPE/TSA - ZRH - CDG on LX -> high fuel surcharges