Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 Letter for "free flight" due to service issue onboard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G

Hi,

We travelled ATH-BRU a few weeks ago, in business class (upgraded using our Upgrade Coupons ... we are both A3 Gold). We both (actually, everyone seated in business class) received an apology from the Service Director because there was no curtain fitted on the a/c to segregate the business class rows, and we all were handed an Aegean letter acknowledging the service deficiency, and offering a free (one-way) ticket to any destination on the A3/OA network within the next year.

Has anyone used these before, do they really work? I sort of wonder because it is just a photocopied form-letter, not something like an accountable MCO, and not even serial-numbered or anything. Is it linked to our original File Reference somewhere? (Not sure it would be, it doesn't say anything about having the File Reference to redeem.)

T.I.A. for any pointers!
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:13 am

A3 gives these letters to passengers whose flights were substantially delayed, irrespective of whose fault it was. There is a thread dealing with that, you'd have to search for it to see what kind of experiences people had. Very briefly, there are some "problems" associated to these trips such as extra seat availability needed, payment of taxes and twelve months validity. I'm not a snob but I never used two such "coupons", the first one because I had no free time to squeeze a private one way flight in my calendar and the second one because I simply... lost it somewhere on my desk (I know, I know, but it would have taken me a day of archeological excavations to find it )
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:37 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
The thread @KLouis is talking about:
When does Aegean open R space (free flights)? All flights show R0
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks ... both threads helpful. One more question about these letters. If I do manage to use one, would it still count as an A3 segment for the purpose of reduced threshold for Gold re-qualification?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by RocketmanBRU
Thanks ... both threads helpful. One more question about these letters. If I do manage to use one, would it still count as an A3 segment for the purpose of reduced threshold for Gold re-qualification?
No and no miles either.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH SEN, DL PM
I just want to share my experience with this letter.
I had a flight with my friend in C and the curtain was missing so we received the letter. The flight was an upgraded eco flight with 2 vouchers.
So we tried to get 2 flights in the same plane with this letter in C again. My friend got confirmation really early. But i was on the waiting list until 3 hours before the flight i got the call the flight is confirmed.
I checked the available booking classes so i was not that nervous. The flight had 2 rows C with only one Seat empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.