Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
But the footnote explicitly says "regardless of the booking class." ???
1. if I book Go light I would not expect any miles
2. if I book Go smart I would expect miles (Booking classes not eligible for accrual: I, X, N, F, R, Τ, Ο)
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by romans
1. if I book Go light I would not expect any miles
2. if I book Go smart I would expect miles (Booking classes not eligible for accrual: I, X, N, F, R, Τ, Ο)
OK, but would they be according to Economy or Economy discounted? What's the real life experience?
That chart is super confusing.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
OK, but would they be according to Economy or Economy discounted? What's the real life experience?
That chart is super confusing.
it's super clear just you don't read it! Which booking class code you have? I really don't get it what is super confusing for you in this case : )
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:36 am

I think you need to pick up your fare class/category. As long as it's not light, It does not matter, if it's Smart or Ultra Smart or other but it matters what's the class. Cheaper will be discounted, more expensive will be economy.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
What people here are saying is that the "regardless of booking class" is to be read in conjunction with the "No miles can be earned on SAS Go Light booking classes.".

I.e.:
Do you hold any SK ticket in booking class I, X, N, F, R, Τ, Ο or do you hold a SK ticket with the ticket type "Sas Go ligh" regardless of booking class? Then you earn zero points.

Do you hold any other SK ticket you will earn according to the booking class letter, regardless of the ticket type.

Don't get confused by Aegean "Class of Service" denomination. They are monikers in order to justify the amount of points you earn. "Why does W earn 75% and V only earn 50%? Because V is what we define as a discounted economy ticket."
romans likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by intuition
What people here are saying is that the "regardless of booking class" is to be read in conjunction with the "No miles can be earned on SAS Go Light booking classes.".
Where do you get that from? That's not what the footnote says.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Just performed a short experiment:

Last week:
AMS-OSL Go Light (H) - 0 miles
OSL-AMS Go Light (H) - bid to upgrade confirmed - 0 miles

This Week:
AMS-OSL Go Smart (Q) - bid to upgrade confirmed - 447 miles
OSL-AMS Go Smart (M) - not yet flown

So, it seems it is as announced. No Go Light fare earns, irrespective of booking class. Miles only according to underlying fare, not the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.