Wiki Posts
Search

Qualification Date

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Qualification Date

Hi I am currently in the process of switching to A3 FF program. I joined in Nov last year and will qualify for silver at the end of Sept. As my partner is A3 Gold I would like to have a requalifiction close to hers which is Sept. So I have a couple of questions?

When I qualify for silver in a few days does that become the requalification anniversary? or is it the join date.

I guess what I would like to do is time my qualification to gold to so both our requal dates are reasonably close.

Any advice would be apprieciated.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
The requalification date is the day at which you attained the status. I.e. the day you complete the last flight needed to become silver/gold is the day the clock starts ticking and until which (one year later) you have to requalify or fly enough to be upgraded to gold.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:35 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If you become silver in Sept then your year will be roughly the same as your partner's. However if you are aiming to become Gold this may be more tricky, as your last qualifying flight will have to be next year september (but before the day that you became silver).

In that case that also means you'll have to wait the whole year to become Gold and enjoy the benefits. While if you would try to qualify as quickly as possible, you may gain the Gold status earlier. Its just that then you won't be 'in sync'..
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by ClanJ
...I guess what I would like to do is time my qualification to gold to so both our requal dates are reasonably close...
Just to satisfy my curiosity, what's the advantage of having "synchronized" accounts?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
You can play around with the date a LittleBigPlanet by retroclaiming segments/miles.
Due to Irrops my fourth A3/OA segment needed for initial gold qualification was not credited automatically. I claimed it asap and my year now starts on the day I filed the claim.
​​​​​​
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Just to satisfy my curiosity, what's the advantage of having "synchronized" accounts?
My guess would be that it makes it easier for them to plan requalification mileage runs together, if needed. HEHE - I'd deliberately avoid this: "Oooh, sorry love, but I HAVE to go alone to Greece for the weekend..."
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Thanks

Thanks to you all has been a great help and much apprieciated. To answer a couple of your questions I still have 12 months or so as a * Gold so have time on my side. Will work well to wait till next year to move to A3 Gold. Was in the Athens lounge the other day what a great job they have done with it. A3 really seems to be a *A carrier on the up and up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.