Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Wrong booking class credited [Air Canada Y domestic/NA earnings cut]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong booking class credited [Air Canada Y domestic/NA earnings cut]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 6:44 am

What do you mean exactly by "Air canada flight from CDG to vancouver in P"? To answer this you should know what fare class your Brussels Airline code-share ticket is issued in (also P?) and what AC fare class that maps to. That is often hard or even impossible to find out, so you are often in for a surprise. Good luck!
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Ok. I did not book yet.

But it will not be Brussels Airlines miles. It will be air Canada, correct?

As then I think I will always have miles.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: A3*G
More data points - the Flex booking classes maps to booking class with 100% earning seems completely broken now. Yet the letters change. Anyone who has some reliable info on what the current rules are or tips of another FFP that has a more true accrual chart that one can use instead of Aegeans outdated and incorrect table?

Domestic, Economy Flex, S flight - Posted to Aegean as a W and received 50%

Domestic, Economy Flex, T flight - Posted to Aegean as a W and received 50%

Also had domestic flights booked in Standard (K) where the outbound and inbound flights (both 2 legs) posted as S and T respectively but where the two legs in each direction earned at different rates (25% and 50%). So even when the booking class maps to a given letter the earning rate is not clear.

Finally, does anyone have any recent data points of flying economy comfort?
Old Feb 14, 2023, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by dmilsi
Thanks for the reply. Now that these have been transferred to the correct thread, I see that this is a recurring problem.

I purchased a "lowest premium economy" fare on the AC website. The booking classes were N (100%) & B (150%). I paid a premium to get an accrual factor of 100%. The disclaimer on the A3 website reads:

"You can be informed of the fare option purchased on your itinerary receipt, if you book your flight via aircanada.com" ,

To me, this means that if you book an N or B class ticket on the AC website, you can rest assured that is what it will map to on A3. How is it not a bait and switch practice to sell you that fare bucket and then change it after the flight to an "A" (50%, which is what the most basic Y fare accrues)?

AC and A3 can obviously do whatever they wish, but since the the fare I purchased always seems to be, in reality, an "A" fare, why not say that at the time of purchase?
Any update on how this worked out for you in the end? I think the reason for the "A" fare debacle is that Air Canada seems to have rebranded their lowest premium economy fare from "N" to "A", This appears to have happened back in March 2022, i.e. after you booked your flights in "N" but before you flew, based on updates to other FFPs earnings charts for Air Canada (e.g. United Mileage plus). It would be reasonable to think that Miles+Bonus would have changed the earnings rate for A to refect this as well but it is impossible to know since they have not updated the Air Canada chart since 2014 despite several changes in the background since then. I am looking at booking PE flights with ir Canada but would like some reassurance regarding the miles earning for the A fare first.
romans likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:18 am

A3 is really slow/bad/lazy with updating earning tables... which is probably sometimes good sometimes not. also for TAP - P (bid upgrade class still earning only 50percent as eco...)
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:23 pm

Programs: Aegean *G
Originally Posted by ARNYYZ
More data points - the Flex booking classes maps to booking class with 100% earning seems completely broken now. Yet the letters change. Anyone who has some reliable info on what the current rules are or tips of another FFP that has a more true accrual chart that one can use instead of Aegeans outdated and incorrect table?

Also had domestic flights booked in Standard (K) where the outbound and inbound flights (both 2 legs) posted as S and T respectively but where the two legs in each direction earned at different rates (25% and 50%). So even when the booking class maps to a given letter the earning rate is not clear.

Finally, does anyone have any recent data points of flying economy comfort?
United does the below as of March 23, 2022 so one hypothesis may be that only the top Flex fares (MUH) earn 100% now and the rest earn only 50% at A3? I have flown Comfort after March 2022 and it earned 100%
Economy Comfort M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G 100%
Economy Flex M, U, H 100%
Economy Flex Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G 75%
ARNYYZ likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by TheProf
United does the below as of March 23, 2022 so one hypothesis may be that only the top Flex fares (MUH) earn 100% now and the rest earn only 50% at A3? I have flown Comfort after March 2022 and it earned 100%
Economy Comfort M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G 100%
Economy Flex M, U, H 100%
Economy Flex Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G 75%
Similar rules to what applies to mileage plus could make sense. We flew international Flex in January booked in V and that posted as V with 100% miles earned so the number of booking classes eligable for full miles in Flex might be higher for international flights. It doesnt seem like mileage plus is making a distinction between domestic and international for flex and up. Still very opaque which is frustrating. Thanks for the datapoint re Comfort!
Old Mar 6, 2023, 11:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
dont want to create a new thread for this , but i have 2 questions
  1. Is ET doing the same kind of trickery as AC or TP does to A3 members ?
  2. Same question about CM and AV in case its needed
cause i have a future ET flight scheduled and i am considering to claim it with my a3 account

however if the usual system (first letter is your booking class) is not used and i need a master degree from a wizard school to find out how much status miles i can get then i can skip my idea

Last edited by fifty_two; Mar 6, 2023 at 11:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.