Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Run Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
That's not a lot. I would just do a short-haul week-end in Europe, plenty of cities are nice to visit for little hassle.

A return ticket GVA-VIE-TXL in Business Saver Z fare gives 8000 miles already, for less than 450€.
Is there any way I can book a flight from BRU to LCA and earn at least 6000 miles? I seem to find Business Saver Z with Lufthansa for about €450 but as it is Z it earns 1250 flat miles with M+B which is 5000 miles for the round-trip.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Is there any way I can book a flight from BRU to LCA and earn at least 6000 miles? I seem to find Business Saver Z with Lufthansa for about €450 but as it is Z it earns 1250 flat miles with M+B which is 5000 miles for the round-trip.
Not with A3.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:53 pm

Ooooops!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:02 am

You can find at many dates:

- 8000 miles :
Austrian BRU-VIE-LCA in Z, around 600€

- 5500 miles
Austrian BRU-VIE-LCA half Z half P (cheaper)
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: A3 *G
Looking at some dates in April (after Easter though) you can do BRU-ARN-ATH with SAS in SASPlus for around 250 Euro, which earns 4600 miles, then add on an A3 flight to LCA in C class for 230 Euro and 1600 miles. That last bit's not great value, but maybe you can do it in Economy (46 Euro, 480 miles) and fit in another short SAS trip sometime to make up the extra 900 miles?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by ClanJ
I fly from New Zealand to Europe each year. As there are loads of *A operators in and out means get near enough to 12000 miles each way and some very good deals in most classes. Same applies from what I have seen Europe/New Zealand/Europe. Can go thru US/Canada or thru many places in Asia such as China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok. It is also possible to go thru South America as something different. LH does Frankfurt to Buenos Aries with Air NZ the next sector to Auckland and of course vice-versa.
Interested in more detail on this. AirNZ and Singapore are *A, but who else is? LAX and SIN are the obvious connections, and others always seem to be more expensive. For example how do you book your LH/AirNZ via Buenos Aries (I can't seem to on AirNZ site)?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:38 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
interested in more detail on this. Airnz and singapore are *a, but who else is?
CA, NH, OZ, TG, (AI, BR)

The European airlines (i.e. LH group) also have lots of codeshares
ukflyer1 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Interested in more detail on this. AirNZ and Singapore are *A, but who else is?
Just to chime in too. You are spoilt for choice. Of course, cost, comfort, layover city, length of trip are factors.
NZ, CA, TG, SQ, and of course UA do the NZ to Europe one-stop.
NH, BR, OZ, AI, TK, AC, ET, SA, MS (Egypt Air) and the European *A airlines can get you there in two stops with a partner airline combination.
ukflyer1 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Thanks for this.
I need about 5600 miles for Gold before 12th of April (did all Aegean requirements already)... I was thinking to fly SAS Plus to PVG (for 850€ too on many dates throughout the year) but I don't want to fly to China again, plus the expensive visa.

If anyone else can share a great deal for 5600 miles from Europe... I have a hard time finding good deals. I don't mind Africa or non-touristy destinations.
Ethiopian from BRU to JNB for 402 EUR (link), gets you 12000 miles return (GCmap link here).
Assuming your qualification year is up to and including 12th April (it isn't clear to me if 12th is included or not), you could fly the outbound on the 11th April, get 6000 miles to requalify, and fly the return on 16th April, get 6000 miles to kick-start your qualification for 2019.
Of course you need to take the week off...
VIE departures are also great.
Flights to CPT are also good.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Interested in more detail on this. AirNZ and Singapore are *A, but who else is? LAX and SIN are the obvious connections, and others always seem to be more expensive. For example how do you book your LH/AirNZ via Buenos Aries (I can't seem to on AirNZ site)?
The LH/AirNZ found on Expedia. For example today AKL/EZE Wed 18 July one week stopover then EZE/FRA Thu 26 July in economy for $1372 NZD. Have seen the trip as low as $1000. While not on AirNZ site have rang and they can do the booking over the phone.
ukflyer1 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:59 am

Thanks for the input, seems there are a few options out of Auckland. Might explore via S.America next time.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:14 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
I've just booked such a flight to LCA and back. But my ATH-LCA leg is with Olympic. Will this count as part of my four flights? All flights are in Z class.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by rum
I've just booked such a flight to LCA and back. But my ATH-LCA leg is with Olympic. Will this count as part of my four flights? All flights are in Z class.
Yes.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:36 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Excellent, thanks Louis!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.