Wiki Posts
Search

Night Layover in ATH as *A Gold

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Night Layover in ATH as *A Gold

Hi everyone,

I am travelling to Heraklion in a few days, coming from Istanbul with TK1841 landing in ATH at 02:10 am and re-departing on OA300 (operated by A3) at 6:50 am.
As *A Gold (Miles&Smiles) I wondered which lounges I am eligible to in ATH, and at which time do they open ? I looked on *A website, but the information does not seem to be updated. On Aegean website, the entrance policy concerning *A Gold leaving on a OA flight is not very clear.

Thank you !
Old May 19, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
As a TK *A Gold, you don't have any lounge access in ATH. The OA flight is not operated by *A, thus no *G benefits.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
As a TK *A Gold, you don't have any lounge access in ATH. The OA flight is not operated by *A, thus no *G benefits.
If it's A3 operated flight as was mentioned in the original question, then you can access the Aegean lounge for sure. Technically you should be able to use the Lufthansa lounge too, but since the flight number is OA, they may not investigate it deep enough (that it's operated by A3) to allow you in.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by jackebofh
If it's A3 operated flight as was mentioned in the original question, then you can access the Aegean lounge for sure. Technically you should be able to use the Lufthansa lounge too, but since the flight number is OA, they may not investigate it deep enough (that it's operated by A3) to allow you in.
To my knowledge, the LH lounge is not open throughout the night. But anyway, as Air Rarotonga wrote, no lounge access for the "OA" flight. The dragons at the LH lounge are very much aware of this.
Old May 20, 2017, 2:46 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jackebofh
That's not how it works. Since OA is not part of *A there is no lounge access by default - at all. I do know that the Aegean lounge allows OA pax in as a gesture of goodwill, but I am not sure if that applies only to M+B members or also to generic *G members.

The LH lounge, for sure, you won't be able to enter. Even if the flight is operated by Aegean, the boarding pass will still show an OA flight number and that is what is used for access.

The Aegean lounge will be closed at night, opening again at 4 or 5 AM I believe.
Old May 20, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I do know that the Aegean lounge allows OA pax in as a gesture of goodwill,
It's not a matter of goodwill. The Aegean lounge is a right for ALL Miles and Bonus Gold members when travelling A3 or OA (or any *A flight). For a non-M&B *G travelling OA, there is no access to any lounge and this IS enforced.

Originally Posted by Xandrios
The Aegean lounge will be closed at night, opening again at 4 or 5 AM I believe.
It opens at 3am in "summer" and 4am in "winter".

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...rport/lounges/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.